Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuning Questions, Help and Opinions Please!

I want to get tune and haven't decided on which one. I would like to have power very similar to the new LMS tune. I know Cobb's stage 2 is suppose to come soon and that should be similar in gains?? I think the AP is a nice thing to have in a turbo car just to monitor things we can't see right? I also wasn't sure about how the new stage will work? If whoever has the AP from Cobb right now and already running stage one maps, do they just download the new map when it's released or will you have to purchase the stage 2? Any help and all opinions appreciated, thanks

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
The AP is Great And I bet the LMS is going to be Great too. As for tunes when they are released you just go grab them with the access port manager software interface and upload them to your AP and then go load them to your car and go test drive and SMILE.. if you want you could datalog a few runs say 4th gear from 2k till redline stock then again after you load a map to compare on something like the Virtual Dyno (a lil program you can find online) ..

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #3
Ok that's good I wasn't sure about how the stages worked with the AP
So if I get it with the 1.02 maps when the stage 2 map is done I just go download for free no upgrade charge whatsoever? I wouldn't have to wait long to get the power I'm really looking for because stage 2 is close hopefully.
Thanks rodmoe!

CanadianST

Ok that's good I wasn't sure about how the stages worked with the AP
So if I get it with the 1.02 maps when the stage 2 map is done I just go download for free no upgrade charge whatsoever? I wouldn't have to wait long to get the power I'm really looking for because stage 2 is close hopefully.
Thanks rodmoe!
No upgrade charge whatsoever! One of the main reasons I went with an AP, pretty good value.

Yep, all our Off The Shelf (OTS) maps are free downloads and updates when they become available...which will be the end of this month ;)

We also have a full network of Protuners that can make you custom maps for your car to push it as hard (or as tamely) as you want.

Ian

Great news I will order mine next Fri, think you could have the stg2 ready by then or maybe let me be a test mule????

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Yep, all our Off The Shelf (OTS) maps are free downloads and updates when they become available...which will be the end of this month ;)

We also have a full network of Protuners that can make you custom maps for your car to push it as hard (or as tamely) as you want.

Ian
[lovecobb] *fansqueal*

I want to get tune and haven't decided on which one. I would like to have power very similar to the new LMS tune. I know Cobb's stage 2 is suppose to come soon and that should be similar in gains?? I think the AP is a nice thing to have in a turbo car just to monitor things we can't see right? I also wasn't sure about how the new stage will work? If whoever has the AP from Cobb right now and already running stage one maps, do they just download the new map when it's released or will you have to purchase the stage 2? Any help and all opinions appreciated, thanks
I would get the Access port through Mountune, Randy is offering free remote tuning with the purchase through them right now. They have it posted on fiestast.net I believe. I reordered one through them so I can try out his tunes also.

I would get the Access port through Mountune, Randy is offering free remote tuning with the purchase through them right now. They have it posted on fiestast.net I believe. I reordered one through them so I can try out his tunes also.
In Randy I trust...and can't wait to get the custom tune after I datalog after I put on the modifications...I am only doing mountune charge pipes with hard pipe, and full induction package...waiting to see what mountune is offering for a dp and tbe

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #11
So when you order the AP from them it comes with the regular OTS maps nothing special right? Then you have to do data logging send the info back and they'll send the custom tune to you? I don't know anything about how to do data logging is it difficult to do?
Thank you btw it looks like Randy just posted that deal!

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #12

Ian
I'm really interested in the Cobb AP specifically for the stage 2 tune, so I know you said end of this month which is only a couple weeks away so that's good news. Now do you hp & tq numbers achieved with the stage 2?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
So when you order the AP from them it comes with the regular OTS maps nothing special right? Then you have to do data logging send the info back and they'll send the custom tune to you? I don't know anything about how to do data logging is it difficult to do?
Yes when you order the AP from Cobb it comes with the OTS tunes which will be good for 90% of the customers. If you are doing basic mods like exhaust and intake you really don't have to worry about custom tuning. But if its free then its worth it. Datalogging on the AP is really easy and part of the tools.
[video=youtube;yzFLoEpxcwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzFLoEpxcwM[/video]

You are correct on the procedure. The datalog settings are already set aside from possibly changing to monitor a different cylinder if Randy was to ask, all you have to do is find a clear safe place to run from 2500-6500 in 3rd or 4th if available and when the accessport is set to guages you just hit the center button wait for it to say logging and make the run ending with pressing the center button again to stop it. The accessport manager will allow you to upload the logs to Randy so he can make adjustments and send you new maps. Once you are all settled in your new place I could help you out, I am not to far from Winterpark.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #15
You are correct on the procedure. The datalog settings are already set aside from possibly changing to monitor a different cylinder if Randy was to ask, all you have to do is find a clear safe place to run from 2500-6500 in 3rd or 4th if available and when the accessport is set to guages you just hit the center button wait for it to say logging and make the run ending with pressing the center button again to stop it. The accessport manager will allow you to upload the logs to Randy so he can make adjustments and send you new maps. Once you are all settled in your new place I could help you out, I am not to far from Winterpark.
Thanks for the help man! I don't know what I am leaning towards I know Randy is good with our cars and will probably make a great custom tune. The LMS tuner seems to be producing great results on the track already. I also like the numbers Cobb's stage 2 made, if I'm not mistaken 210 hp + 272 tq, which is what we'll end up getting when It comes out then I'm liking that choice a lot too! I am officially down in FL so we should meet up and maybe I can see how your car is?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
if you want you could datalog a few runs say 4th gear from 2k till redline stock then again after you load a map to compare on something like the Virtual Dyno (a lil program you can find online) ..
Just be careful data logging.
I just got stopped for doing 97MPH while collecting data.

The only place I have is the freeway.
In fourth, 2K is about 35MPH and red line is over 100MPH.
I guess the CHP didn't like this.

Dave

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Just be careful data logging.
I just got stopped for doing 97MPH while collecting data.

The only place I have is the freeway.
In fourth, 2K is about 35MPH and red line is over 100MPH.
I guess the CHP didn't like this.

Dave
Yes with Randy's tune I am well past that at 7k .. Fun part is I have seen improvement on that end too .

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Yes with Randy's tune I am well past that at 7k .. Fun part is I have seen improvement on that end too .
I too am doing one of Randy's tunes.
Also capable of above 7K.
However I only made it to 5.8K on this run.

Dave

I'm really interested in the Cobb AP specifically for the stage 2 tune, so I know you said end of this month which is only a couple weeks away so that's good news. Now do you hp & tq numbers achieved with the stage 2?
Here are power numbers on our dyno in house. The peak numbers will vary a bit by the dyno used, so be sure to look at the gains if you try to compare charts.

Ian