Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Pulsing under high boost conditions in 4-6 gear

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
As the title says, when i get on her hard between 4-6 gear i can hear the turbo pulsing. the 2j intake makes it easy to hear.

please help if you can.

OP
lessard.dcj

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
stage 3 now. been seeing some scooby guys having to clean out the boost control solenoid.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
All I can think of is you are hitting one of the limiters in the tune.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
As the title says, when i get on her hard between 4-6 gear i can hear the turbo pulsing. the 2j intake makes it easy to hear.

please help if you can.
I know mine will do that slightly at half throttle...but never at WOT.

OP
lessard.dcj

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Could this be caused by the waste gate if it is not strong enough to hold the requested boost?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
With the stock turbo, the stock wastegate can hold almost anything, or at least, it can hold way more boost to redline than you should be running. What your hearing is the compressor surge you could never hear before. There is a spot between bov opening, and throttle shutting and you'll get a little flutter. Its normal. Cyborg will do it without the 2J intake.