Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

In other cars, when you got to big power, we swapped the final drive for taller - numerically smaller- gears to make more use of the added power in each gear. Would make 2nd gear really long, for example, bit less shifts to get to a target speed. Often made managing traction a bit easier too for high torque on street tires.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
In other cars, when you got to big power, we swapped the final drive for taller - numerically smaller- gears to make more use of the added power in each gear. Would make 2nd gear really long, for example, bit less shifts to get to a target speed. Often made managing traction a bit easier too for high torque on street tires.
I would absolutely do this if there was a taller final drive available. I’ve only ever come across a shorter one.

I would def do a taller final if available. In the DSM days tall slicks would do the job for the most part especially in the auto's where you only used 3 gears for the 1/4 mile.

blitz80

hi guys,
very informative thread, i've read all the pages and would like an advice.

I'm from Italy, Rome, got a 12/2016 St Euro spec ST, 88k km 1 owner, and could get my hand con a s280 with just 3k miles.
Being on a budget is a feasible route to go s280 with simple 3" decat downpipe on stock exhaust, stage3 ic and intake, on 95ron/91 mon octane low boost?
Then down the line i will upgrade exhaust, maybe injectors, crossover pipe, boost cold pipe, and go full retard on 93 Water/meth.

How much would you would expect for 91 tune with catless downpipe, Ic and intake on a safe tune for DD?

Thanks guys

Adriano

Dpro

6000 Post Club
hi guys,
very informative thread, i've read all the pages and would like an advice.

I'm from Italy, Rome, got a 12/2016 St Euro spec ST, 88k km 1 owner, and could get my hand con a s280 with just 3k miles.
Being on a budget is a feasible route to go s280 with simple 3" decat downpipe on stock exhaust, stage3 ic and intake, on 95ron/91 mon octane low boost?
Then down the line i will upgrade exhaust, maybe injectors, crossover pipe, boost cold pipe, and go full retard on 93 Water/meth.

How much would you would expect for 91 tune with catless downpipe, Ic and intake on a safe tune for DD?

Thanks guys

Adriano
You definitely need a tune to run the s280 properly . I run a Mountune catted downpipe cobb intake , intecooler with a tune , flashed from a CoBB AP tuned by tune+ and put out roughly 284 whp and 284 wtq on 91 . I assume you guys are not using AP’s over there but there are several tunes available for your setup from UK tuners. I suggest you look into it. Should not be expensive.

blitz80

yes i mean with a specific tune for this setup, to my undestanding we don't get AP across the pond, bad luck for us.
We have different tuners with Hp tuner RTD or handheld devices, like TRS,LP,etc. with multiple onboard maps, datalog and rear/clear codes.
To me the AP is a span above....but this is what we got :-(.

So you think i would get be around the 300 crank hp mark on this setup?

Cheers
Adriano

Dpro

6000 Post Club
yes i mean with a specific tune for this setup, to my undestanding we don't get AP across the pond, bad luck for us.
We have different tuners with Hp tuner RTD or handheld devices, like TRS,LP,etc. with multiple onboard maps, datalog and rear/clear codes.
To me the AP is a span above....but this is what we got :-(.

So you think i would get be around the 300 crank hp mark on this setup?

Cheers
Adriano
you should be able to. The Turbo breathes more than the car can flow on stock fueling so considering I am running stock fuel and pushing 27lbs boost on 91 with my numbers you should have no problem