Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart EM BOV's now available for your Fiesta - True plug and play upgrades!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION] Just uploaded a video of the sounds. I did partial throttle, heavy throttle, and deacceleration.

View: https://youtu.be/Pw3ynsFt_kk

Double checked my install. There's only one real way of installing the BOV, when I rotate it to see if the other 2 possibilities work...they don't. So I'm out of ideas
DO you have plumb back to dual?

My SECOND em bov has failed on me. The first was warranted by Turbosmart due to sticking open. Now this one is sticking closed (assuming electrical failure). I’ll be switching to vacuum operated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You wouldn't happen to have any of the ones that failed just laying around would you or did they make you return them? I was taking mine off to do some maintenance work on it and the harness/solenoid snapped. I barely even moved the thing. Name your price if you or anyone else has one laying around.

Attachments

You wouldn't happen to have any of the ones that failed just laying around would you or did they make you return them? I was taking mine off to do some maintenance work on it and the harness/solenoid snapped. I barely even moved the thing. Name your price if you or anyone else has one laying around.
Sorry, I returned all three valves for a mechanical valve. It’s working great!

The Gofastbits diverter valve?
No, that still technically uses the factory electronics to actuate the valve, at least the factory portion of the valve. It’s an excellent upgrade from factory but just too quiet for my taste.

Turbosmart sent me their kompact dual port valve in exchange for all of those junk em valves. It is a true mechanical valve that uses vacuum/boost from the manifold to actuate the valve. I find these traditional valves to be more reliable.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Any better pictures of the connector that broke off? How much wiring is there left or none at all?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Any better pictures of the connector that broke off? How much wiring is there left or none at all?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

The connector could have potentially snapped or glued back on but the prongs on the valve were physically broken off the solenoid. Inspection of the soldering on those prongs showed to be of poor quality and it all seemed very very flimsy.

The connector could have potentially snapped or glued back on but the prongs on the valve were physically broken off the solenoid. Inspection of the soldering on those prongs showed to be of poor quality and it all seemed very very flimsy.

Mine broke off in the same spot. I was able to find a replacement one on turbosmart's website. Hopefully it gets here soon.

Ford Community Posts