Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart EM BOV's now available for your Fiesta - True plug and play upgrades!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION] Just uploaded a video of the sounds. I did partial throttle, heavy throttle, and deacceleration.

https://youtu.be/Pw3ynsFt_kk

Double checked my install. There's only one real way of installing the BOV, when I rotate it to see if the other 2 possibilities work...they don't. So I'm out of ideas
Sounds pretty cool lol did you ever find out if the sound is okay? Anyone else getting a similar sound?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Ordered one today should have installed soon. Maybe this weekend if I’m lucky! Haven’t been able to use hand tools for like 10 months I’m eager to work on *something* :D

Last edited:
All the talk about fluttering or surging, I'd love to see a verified or respected tuner chime in on the sounds etc.

Also, watch this video and listen to the flutter that happens from time to time in town (Happens around 3:17 5:05, and a few other times):
https://youtu.be/tmZMwk14r4c?t=2m17s

I doubt Ford is going to run a formula ford out of the factory in europe with a flutter unless it's normal.

felopr

Is Mine a rare unit that never flutters? Mmm

redmoe

I haven’t heard flutter on mine either. I did hear some flutter with the stock dv and a cone style intake. Its possible there is some flutter there but not as audible since mine is a dual port.

I had mine for a while now. It never fluttered. It's always loud, crisp, and clear.

so if you accelerate slowly and keep the car in vacuum (but almost at 0) and lift off throttle, it doesn't flutter?
Nope. It's hard to describe the EM BOV. It opens/closes so damn fast. From what you described it'll just kept open and I hear just long air hiss and closes.

I have a GFB adjustable BOV on my STi which I took my time adjusting to not flutter too much. The Turbosmart EM BOV is so different.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
arrr the turbosmart didn't come in today, still shows as preparing for shipment, won't be able to test for fluttering sound this weekend

time to go stare at the mailbox :D

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Ok got my dual port installed, took about 15 minutes. First impressions - it’s really loud and immature and I love it :)

I’m not getting any fluttering that was mentioned previously. It seems to open at very very low throttle and boost levels, venting instead of fluttering. I have no tune so I’m effectively all stock. Opens and closes very quickly, dropping off throttle then back on doesn’t have the lag it had stock.

post edit - attaching video

Here's a video driving home from a job this morning, installed the BOV last night.
I'm not "getting on it" or anything, still just feeling it out, seeing if I notice a difference or if it's confirmation bias :p - this is just my very old gopro hero 2 that I use as a dashcam, using the internal mic. When I get some time I'll mic up the car with a few internal/external dynamics and go for a drive with my multitrack and mix it all together for funsies.

[video=youtube;V1-VIdW2Ql8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1-VIdW2Ql8[/video]

Last edited:
Bought this bov and had to install it and uninstall it five times. Each time I installed it it would not actuate. Air could be heard just blowing past the valve plunger because it was stuck open. Finally I inspected the piston and it was indeed stuck. I had to push it in and out multiple times to get it moving. I added a dab of motor oil to the piston and it finally became easy to push in and come back out on it’s own. I installed it and it worked for about three days then it started leaking (the piston was getting stuck open) in second and sixth gears. So anyone that buys one of these please check the piston/plumber before install to make sure it moves in and out freely and closes back by itself. I’m working with Whoosh and Turbosmart to resolve the issue now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #72
Bought this bov and had to install it and uninstall it five times. Each time I installed it it would not actuate. Air could be heard just blowing past the valve plunger because it was stuck open. Finally I inspected the piston and it was indeed stuck. I had to push it in and out multiple times to get it moving. I added a dab of motor oil to the piston and it finally became easy to push in and come back out on it’s own. I installed it and it worked for about three days then it started leaking (the piston was getting stuck open) in second and sixth gears. So anyone that buys one of these please check the piston/plumber before install to make sure it moves in and out freely and closes back by itself. I’m working with Whoosh and Turbosmart to resolve the issue now.

thanks
you are the first with an issue as I've mentioned out of the many shipped
please fill out the TurboSmart warranty card I sent you and return at your earliest convenience

thanks
you are the first with an issue as I've mentioned out of the many shipped
please fill out the TurboSmart warranty card I sent you and return at your earliest convenience
Will do sir, it is very odd because I don’t doubt the product. It seemed well made and a great design. Always seems I have the bad luck with that 1% defective rate on products. Hopefully Turbosmart has an answer.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I know my wife ordered me one for Christmas. The 50/50 version

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I know my wife ordered me one for Christmas. The 50/50 version

That’s what I have. It should be fine, just make sure you push in the plunger/piston and make sure it comes back smoothly on its own without having to work the plunger/piston. I just wanted everyone to know that so they don’t have to go through the pain of taking it on and off five times and stripping the bolts.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Just installed this the 50/50 version.

some tips for install
1. Jack up the passenger side use a jack stand of course, and remove passenger tire 19 mm socket.
2. Remove the belt cover 2 torx T30 screws.
3. Remove the hot side pipe 2 hose clamps.
4. Disconnect the diverter valve electrical connector, and remove the 3, 5mm Allen head bolts. I used a small ratchet with a extension.
Everything should go back together the way you took it out.
I know people have installed this without removing the tire or belt cover but this will definitely make it less of a hassle. This is a great time to tighten the boost hose clamps.

Nope not at all. I took it for a hard drive feels and sounds great.

Good to hear. I must have been unlucky. Turbosmart is still dragging their feet to get me a replacement...

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just installed this the 50/50 version.

some tips for install
1. Jack up the passenger side use a jack stand of course, and remove passenger tire 19 mm socket.
2. Remove the belt cover 2 torx T30 screws.
3. Remove the hot side pipe 2 hose clamps.
4. Disconnect the diverter valve electrical connector, and remove the 3, 5mm Allen head bolts. I used a small ratchet with a extension.
Everything should go back together the way you took it out.
I know people have installed this without removing the tire or belt cover but this will definitely make it less of a hassle. This is a great time to tighten the boost hose clamps.

Nice

I have the 50/50, kinda thinking about going to the plumb back- I heard it had more of the turkey gobble sound and less pssssh. Still want to hear how it sounds before i throw down.