Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

So...being an Android guy this means almost nothing to me, correct? Android play should work as designed now after the new update?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
So...being an Android guy this means almost nothing to me, correct? Android play should work as designed now after the new update?
Yep, the extra hardware is only required for CarPlay. AndroidAuto works as is, you may need to use a USB cable though and make sure the "AndroidAuto" setting is turned on.

Awesome. Saves me getting it booked in at work. Now I just have to book it in to get an ACM update for the Sirius menu not loading.

Super work. :)

Does the usb drive have to be completely empty with just the autorun and filefolder on it? Got everything extracted but car does not do anything with it.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Using a Windows computer, re-format to ExFAT or FAT32 and ensure those are the only files on there. Follow the read-me on how to properly put the files on. Then, plug in the USB drive and turn car on, the screen will look like it does above. It takes 20-30 minutes for the update and will tell you to remove the USB drive and turn car off once finished.

The non-nav update is a two part update with two different zip files, will upload files in just a moment that have a read-me explaining how to properly do it. Half-way through part 1 on my non-nav unit now.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Got it all installed on my non-nav version, this is rad! It may take a few on/off cycles to get everything fully working.

Shiny new boot screen

Confirmed v2.2

For AndroidAuto users, go to the AA specific menu and enable it.

This screen will come up asking to continue, make sure to allow permissions on your phone as well so Sync can access it

First loading of AA

I went through all the trouble of upgrading mine only to find my android phone is not compatible and will not sync its screen... :( I guess its time to get a new phone.

How old is your phone?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I have a Huawei Honor 5X. Been doing some reading and others are having some issues. I might have to run a custom ROM for now until they release a patch. I've been wanting a new google phone anyway :).

I just downloaded the update.. I'll go try and run it in an hour or so, just putting it on a flash drive right now.

2016 Fiesta ST with Nav, anyone else with nav already try this update on the FiST with Sync3?