Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
Are you in the UK? I just realized I forgot to mention that these files are supposed to be for North American vehicles only but if it's working for you then good for you!

Gj7z-19a387-b Can anyone confirm if this part number module will work with the Fiesta ST, very similar part numbers and they look the same in pics.

Hc3z-19a387-b is the one on this thread for the Fiesta, only difference is the first 4 digits.

+++Update++++
The Ford dealer I spoke with over the phone said the Gj7z-19a387-b should be the same thing as Hc#z-19a387-b but for a Lincoln. I ordered one from him, he was pretty sure it was the same part with the chip for Apple CarPlay. If not I will report back in a week when it gets in.

Also, important to note, Hc3z-19a387-b comes up in my local dealers computer as a part for a 2014+ Expedition and the pics of it online look exactly like the one in my 16 FiST. Has anyone verified that we actually don't already have this module in the car?

That part is showing up as "discontinued" on several dealer parts websites. Others it is still there.

I'm also curious where the information came from that the part was needed for a 2016 Fiesta.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
ALL 2016 Ford models require the new hub, as it has an authentication chip that is needed for CarPlay to work. 2017 models have it from the factory.

There are two possibilities, honestly not sure what the differences are, but apparently the "white backlighting" hub is for Lincoln vehicles so connectors may be different.

GJ7Z-19A387-B (WHITE BACKLIGHTING) via JMR061
HC3Z-19A387-B (BLUE BACKLIGHTING) via KOMANDREW

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
It's not confirmed that this is the one you need so proceed with caution. Our cars have blue USB hubs so that's why I would assume that's the right one.

Ford may have "discontinued" it due to demand, thousands of people have tried to place an order for it.

I could not get the update to work...did you guys unzip the folders/files in the update file? Or does the uploaded have an unzipped built in?

I had only the files/folder that the Readme said but I did unzip the contents of the update folder...maybe that was my mistake.

ALL 2016 Ford models require the new hub, as it has an authentication chip that is needed for CarPlay to work.
I was racking my brain trying to figure out why they would need a new hub since USB and app link work without issue. But this makes total sense as to why the car needs new hardware as well as the long delay deploying this update. They had to get the hardware thru Apple's certification process.

Ford was smart to put this chip in the USB hub instead of making 2016 owners have to upgrade the Sync system itself.

I could not get the update to work...did you guys unzip the folders/files in the update file? Or does the uploaded have an unzipped built in?

I had only the files/folder that the Readme said but I did unzip the contents of the update folder...maybe that was my mistake.

On your home computer:
-Format the memory stick
-Unzip your file to the memory stick.
-Insert memory stick into your car.

Can you not open the Read Me file? If you can, your detailed instructions are there.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Well, I almost ordered the part for $52.XX but they said Ford is backordered (as mentioned above) with no ETA.

"we could definitely help you out with getting the part, the bad new is the part is currently on back order with ford without a release date at the moment. "

I might just wait and let this all cool down. I usually don't plug my iPhone into the USB anyways so it would be a change in behavior. But I do like the idea of having the phone nav sync'd and using siri to run car nav.

On your home computer:
-Format the memory stick
-Unzip your file to the memory stick.
-Insert memory stick into your car.

Can you not open the Read Me file? If you can, your detailed instructions are there.

As I said...I read the readme. However when I normally unzip something all the files and subfolders get unzipped too. This did not...there were 4 folders left unzipped within the main update folder. So I unzipped these into folders of the same name.

As I said...I read the readme. However when I normally unzip something all the files and subfolders get unzipped too. This did not...there were 4 folders left unzipped within the main update folder. So I unzipped these into folders of the same name.
If you see the Read Me file, you've already unzipped it. You should see a Read Me file and 1 folder. Just take that 'main folder' that you speak of and put it on the memory stick, as is.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Well, I almost ordered the part for $52.XX but they said Ford is backordered (as mentioned above) with no ETA.

"we could definitely help you out with getting the part, the bad new is the part is currently on back order with ford without a release date at the moment. "

I might just wait and let this all cool down. I usually don't plug my iPhone into the USB anyways so it would be a change in behavior. But I do like the idea of having the phone nav sync'd and using siri to run car nav.
I didn't realize until you said this that your phone has to be plugged into the USB for AA to work, I also don't generally plug mine in.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #78
Don't thank me, Jason from the F150Forum did all the work, I'm just sharing the files and my knowledge on the update. :)

For those who are thankful and want to buy Jason a beer, you can send him a PayPal donation at jason@fordpimods.com.

If you see the Read Me file, you've already unzipped it. You should see a Read Me file and 1 folder. Just take that 'main folder' that you speak of and put it on the memory stick, as is.

You have to unzip it, you will see a readme file and another zip file. Unzip that to a clean sd card. There will be a folder and a auto run file at that point.

So mine is upgraded to 2.2 and so far the only thing I notice different is that its a little slower to respond to commands. It will probably get better the next couple times I start the car but I think its no change until we get the Carplay enabling USB installed. Mine shipped today so I'll report back after I get the part installed.