Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

ok guys i downloaded it and waited 5 mins started the car and NO NAV.....i was really yelling at ford by this time lol,sooo i took a ride came back shut the car off and 20 mins later restarted and the nav started to work again.relief.my next question is..what are the changes?i don't see any!i checked the version # and it is correct.looks the same to me.
Sync will now be slightly slower, can take an extra second or so here and there to do exactly what you would do before. However, if you have an iPhone or appropriate Android device you can use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, though with CarPlay you have to replace the USB hub in the car

Anything new/different on 3.0 besides a few icons?

I love the android auto but I also don't like how the 2.2 update made sync a whole lot slower and less responsive. Especially when I use the steering wheel controls.

its not just new icons, its snappier and more responsive for AA/carplay. I installed it without a glitch, everything was done in 15 mins. just wait 5 mins for the files to fully extract before installation begins.. i havent test AA yet, but reviews are towards AA/CP improvements

jayrod1980

Where did you find that build? I can't find anything on it anywhere online? I'd like to try it but I don't want to open up some malware etc.

Where did you find that build? I can't find anything on it anywhere online? I'd like to try it but I don't want to open up some malware etc.
its from the same guy who gave us all 2.2 back in december, its up to you, check the f150 and 2gfusion forums of others reporting successful installs.. its mostly AA/CP improvements along with icons appearance changes

brbauer2

I can see the file, but it is not allowing downloading.

Edit
Just tried on mobile and it's working.

Edit
Couldn't download the whole file because it was over your sharing limit. Can't access it any longer.

Edit
Here is a good link to the NAV file from Spaceman's link.

Last edited:

brbauer2

I couldn’t get this update to work.
Mine took a good 8 minutes before it started to update then about 12 minutes to complete. It then took two ignition cycles for Nav to start working.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Mine took a good 8 minutes before it started to update then about 12 minutes to complete. It then took two ignition cycles for Nav to start working.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
I finally got mine to work. Pro-tip, leave the USB key in the car for a day or two. Mine rebooted like 6 times until it finally said safe to remove USB. I had to drive it a bunch to get it to finally update all the way and it kept asking for wifi to finish update and finally did it without wifi.

I finally got mine to work. Pro-tip, leave the USB key in the car for a day or two. Mine rebooted like 6 times until it finally said safe to remove USB. I had to drive it a bunch to get it to finally update all the way and it kept asking for wifi to finish update and finally did it without wifi.
do u occasionally get asked to connect to wifi networks when it boots?

Looks like I'm not the only one but I get this message on startup of my car every time now. Fuck me for updating to this...