Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

I update both my Fiesta w/Apple CarPlay and my wife's Fiesta with Android Auto recently.

My car is fine.

Her's won't work. Does she need to use a USB cord or should she be able to use it via BT?

I downloaded(from the Ford site) the file and installed on the car last Friday. It took about 20 mins on my non-nav unit and the new USB part arrives today. Hopefully no issues will pop-up.

After finally being able to swap my iPhone for an Android at work and suspending my GPOs on my home network, I was finally able to get around to this. Worked perfectly.

Anyone having issues where Android Auto stops and restarts randomly? And many times stopping and not restarting?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Anyone know how to revert to original? I have several bugs, and annoyances in the 2.2 version. I do not need, or have a use for Android Auto, or Apple Car Play. They seem to be the only upgrades in the 2.2 update.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

need help! i have a sync 3 with nav.i downloaded from the ford website to a usb flash drive about 2.2 gigs.unzipped the files in the flash drive and plugged it into the usb slot in the box between the seats, nothing happens! can anyone explain how to do this.thx

need help! i have a sync 3 with nav.i downloaded from the ford website to a usb flash drive about 2.2 gigs.unzipped the files in the flash drive and plugged it into the usb slot in the box between the seats, nothing happens! can anyone explain how to do this.thx
Assuming your hardware is good, the easiest points of failure are not formatting the drive (default on Windows is NTFS) or incorrectly unzipping. Double check those things and see if you missed there.

deathrattle,
i did as you suggested and got the usb drive formatted and downloaded 2.2.then i unzipped it using the fat format and dropped it into the flash drive. it started to update and after a couple of minutes a sentence came on stating that i should take the usb drive out because i have nav.is there another download that works with nav?

deathrattle,
i did as you suggested and got the usb drive formatted and downloaded 2.2.then i unzipped it using the fat format and dropped it into the flash drive. it started to update and after a couple of minutes a sentence came on stating that i should take the usb drive out because i have nav.is there another download that works with nav?
Go to the first page and the first link is for the Nav optioned models. Toss those docs on the drive and you should be ready to roll.

deathrattle,
If you d/l from the Ford owners site it should've provided you with the correct one for your car (based on your vin)

dess,
i tried that on my first try and it directed me to 2.2 download which did not work.maybe a glich,don't know.

dess,
i went to my ford,my account and typed in my vin # and year. what came up for me was the 2.2 download so i downloaded it and it would not work in my car. deathrattle then suggested that i reformat my usb device and try again which i did and up came a sentence stating that the download was for non nav.so now i am in the process of downloading the 1.6 version and will try it today.i'll let you know if that works.

ok guys i downloaded it and waited 5 mins started the car and NO NAV.....i was really yelling at ford by this time lol,sooo i took a ride came back shut the car off and 20 mins later restarted and the nav started to work again.relief.my next question is..what are the changes?i don't see any!i checked the version # and it is correct.looks the same to me.