Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgraded to 4.0 now getting way more and larger negative corrections?

Trader history for The_Ryan (0)

Like the title said, once i switched to the V4.0 tune I've noticed I've been getting a lot more negative corrections. typically between -1.00 and -1.85, on occasion I've seen - 2.00. intake temps rarely get over 5 degrees over ambient.

This almost exclusively happens while cruising on the highway in 6th, boost or no boost.

Was just wondering if this was normal for the new version. Thanks!

I've always used top tier 93 oct gas and have tried several

Negative corrections at part throttle aren't really much to worry about.

Now, if you'd said you were seeing those numbers in 3rd or 4th at WOT, you'd have more reason for concern.

Like the title said, once i switched to the V4.0 tune I've noticed I've been getting a lot more negative corrections. typically between -1.00 and -1.85, on occasion I've seen - 2.00. intake temps rarely get over 5 degrees over ambient.

This almost exclusively happens while cruising on the highway in 6th, boost or no boost.

Was just wondering if this was normal for the new version. Thanks!

I've always used top tier 93 oct gas and have tried several
Knock management among other things have been improved in the latest update, I would not worry. A -1.00 correction is a very minor correction and even more so when it's not under boost.

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #4
Knock management among other things have been improved in the latest update, I would not worry. A -1.00 correction is a very minor correction and even more so when it's not under boost.
perfect, this is exactly what I was expecting and hoping to hear! Thanks

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #6
i think 4.0 was released in may, so most likely not. take a look at the file name they sent you should say the version number there

Ford Community Posts