Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

V_2's Green Machine

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #22
A little update...

I replaced the upstream sensor, which was a SOB until I figured out there is a nice little area on the driver side between the firewall, downpipe and tranny I could work a 7/8 wrench into while using my right hand to keep the sensor lead from binding against the brake lines attached to the firewall. This gave me about 40* of rotation. Very nice! It was almost impossible to remove going from the passenger side with the WG recirc tube in the way.

Been working on tuning for 93 and the car feels amazing. Still very responsive and pulls like a monster, yet never feels like it's going to get away from me. The latest vdyno hit 295whp. The 93 map is basically done. So hoping to work on E30 next.

As expected, the 2J FMIC is woefully inadequate for the gt2560r. It is heat soaking like a MFer, going ~30-35* over ambient (89* ambient, 120* charge, 24psi on last pull) on 3rd gear pulls 2500-redline.

I can't really afford the DHM big FMIC at this time, or for quite a while, so I'm going to have to deal with what I have, unfortunately. I might pick up their crash bar and cut out the lower part of the grill to see how that improves charge temps since a big chunk of the 2J IC is shoved behind the stock crash bar.

A little update...

I replaced the upstream sensor, which was a SOB until I figured out there is a nice little area on the driver side between the firewall, downpipe and tranny I could work a 7/8 wrench into while using my right hand to keep the sensor lead from binding against the brake lines attached to the firewall. This gave me about 40* of rotation. Very nice! It was almost impossible to remove going from the passenger side with the WG recirc tube in the way.

Been working on tuning for 93 and the car feels amazing. Still very responsive and pulls like a monster, yet never feels like it's going to get away from me. The latest vdyno hit 295whp. The 93 map is basically done. So hoping to work on E30 next.

As expected, the 2J FMIC is woefully inadequate for the gt2560r. It is heat soaking like a MFer, going ~30-35* over ambient (89* ambient, 120* charge, 24psi on last pull) on 3rd gear pulls 2500-redline.

I can't really afford the DHM big FMIC at this time, or for quite a while, so I'm going to have to deal with what I have, unfortunately. I might pick up their crash bar and cut out the lower part of the grill to see how that improves charge temps since a big chunk of the 2J IC is shoved behind the stock crash bar.
Interested in seeing if the crash bar helps.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #24
I think I'm going to bypass buying only a crash bar and start saving for the full DHM race intercooler kit, that is probably my only option. My charge temps are breaking 140* on a 2-3-4 pull. [unbelieveable] But the car does feel VERY happy. Having all that useable torque later in the power band just makes everything feel more alive, in my opinion.

Here's a vdyno from the last 93 log I did on a straight road. I seem to have trouble finding those around here. Compared to the stock turbo.
Before
vdyno_2_4_16.jpg

After
vdyno_6_8_16.jpg

Hoping there's some good 4th of July sales coming up!

On a related story, I'll be selling a 2J FMIC, 2J cowl intake and some other small parts soon.

antarctica24

I think I'm going to bypass buying only a crash bar and start saving for the full DHM race intercooler kit, that is probably my only option. My charge temps are breaking 140* on a 2-3-4 pull. [unbelieveable] But the car does feel VERY happy. Having all that useable torque later in the power band just makes everything feel more alive, in my opinion.

Here's a vdyno from the last 93 log I did on a straight road. I seem to have trouble finding those around here. Compared to the stock turbo.
Before
View attachment 10483

After
View attachment 10482

Hoping there's some good 4th of July sales coming up!

On a related story, I'll be selling a 2J FMIC, 2J cowl intake and some other small parts soon.
Nice numbers what turbo is it?

Pete

That is an awesome build. Also You have the best color ;) but I am a little biased. I still go back and fourth between the dhm set up or a hybrid turbo as that is the next thing I am going to do with my car, sinceI have every supporting mod for it. How is daily driving it around town? Have you taken it for a canyon drive yet? If so do you find yourself shifting more then you use to because the change in the boost characteristics? Also I thought e30 was not possible with the dhm turbos due to fuel. If that is not the case I am anxious to see the dyno graph of the e30 tune :)

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #28
That is an awesome build. Also You have the best color ;) but I am a little biased. I still go back and fourth between the dhm set up or a hybrid turbo as that is the next thing I am going to do with my car, sinceI have every supporting mod for it. How is daily driving it around town? Have you taken it for a canyon drive yet? If so do you find yourself shifting more then you use to because the change in the boost characteristics? Also I thought e30 was not possible with the dhm turbos due to fuel. If that is not the case I am anxious to see the dyno graph of the e30 tune :)
Thanks! I think everybody silently agrees that GE is the best color (not biased, either).

I have no complaints about dailying on the bigger turbo. Feels the same to me 90% of the time, actually, unless I'm trying to hit boost. I also get better city MPG now with E30 than with the factory turbo on 93.

With the powerband shift, I do stay in lower gears and shift a little more often hitting twisties to keep the boost and RPMs up but nothing ridiculous or annoying like a laggy "real" big turbo would require. And the WOT pull is just so right. I think the x-37 is another good option if you are considering that. It will make the same power I am now but with faster spool. I just got this kit for allow myself more headroom in the future with a bigger FMIC and aux fuel or WMI.

I am severely limited by my FMIC, but I believe the E30 tune is just giving me a little more low-mid range timing and so a little more feeling for daily driving. I'll need to work on getting a log on that map to confirm. But I think 93 is going to be required to make much more power than I am now, as I imagine I'll be running out of fuel pretty soon with E30.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #29
I put my order in for a DHM race intercooler this morning. [thumb]

Instead of black, I am going to get the crash bar powdercoated to match the green envy paint as closely as possible. I'm hoping DHM can get a good match, should look really slick if they can. I'd like to get it before the end of summer to see how much better it performs over the 2J part, but the website is saying build time is 20-35 business days, so who knows...

As promised, check out my FS thread, got some good stuff over there: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/9775-FS-2J-intake-downpipe-boost-gauge-brake-cooling

Pete

You are going to love the dhm intercooler on a 1-4th gear datalog I had an increase of 3.6 degrees in my charge temps. It's amazing!

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #31
You are going to love the dhm intercooler on a 1-4th gear datalog I had an increase of 3.6 degrees in my charge temps. It's amazing!
Awesome! I can't wait to tame the fire breathing turbo and get it installed.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #32
Got hit by a person on her phone and messed up on something. Happy to have walked away from this and blessed that my daughter was not with me.

They had insurance, so I'll be in the market for another GE soon. Gonna fight to get all my mods off before they scrap it too.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Buy it back...get all the mods off if you've got a place to put it while working on it. That's what I'd do.....I wish I'd have kept a vehicle in the past after I got hit. That thing had so much in it...but the insurance gave me what I paid for it when I first got it also. So that's sordove why I didn't buy it back. But I regret it still to this day. Glad to hear that both of you are all ok..cars can be replaced. ..but people cant. Get well my friend and I hope all goes well with the insurance co.

Pete

I'm so sorry to see this. :( thinking about buying it back? Could always use it as a donor car and have a backup engine

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #35
Probably won't be in a spot to buy it back. I still owe a bunch on it so any money will go to a new car. Gonna see if I can swap out stock parts at the scrap yard. I just want my quick spool kit

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #40
Went to visit the car yesterday to assess the damage. Everything on the front driver side corner is jacked. Also found out the other driver was effed up and got a DUI. I talked to a lawyer and was advised to go through my own insurance company. They should pay off my loan, handle medical expenses, and likely cover the cost of all my mods. Then go after the other driver and her insurance. Fingers crossed...

Also got some pics of the other car. Little FiST put up a good fight.