Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

V_2's ST, the Sequel

Shine a flash light through it...in a darkened room or at night. You should be able to see light coming through.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
It.could.be.a.varmint nesting in all that warm turbo air πŸπŸ¦‘πŸ¦πŸ¦”πŸ¦‘

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #142
Shine a flash light through it...in a darkened room or at night. You should be able to see light coming through.

I'm not sure how scientific this method is, but I just spent 20 minutes diddling both end tanks to move a flashlight around and I only saw light pass through about half of the airflow channels. So that doesn't seem ideal...

There's no obvious obstruction at the end tanks and it's been like this since I installed new, so seems like some kind of manufacturing defect. Or maybe some critters hitched a ride on the boat from China.

I'm not sure how scientific this method is, but I just spent 20 minutes diddling both end tanks to move a flashlight around and I only saw light pass through about half of the airflow channels. So that doesn't seem ideal...

There's no obvious obstruction at the end tanks and it's been like this since I installed new, so seems like some kind of manufacturing defect. Or maybe some critters hitched a ride on the boat from China.
Cut it in half. You have a 50% chance of getting your money back but 100% satisfaction knowing what the hell is in there [ninja]

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #144
Cut it in half. You have a 50% chance of getting your money back but 100% satisfaction knowing what the hell is in there [ninja]
If I can't work anything out with Ron then I'll chop it up. It would just be a $300 paperweight either way.

I don't think he is very active on the forum, so I'm going to try FB if I dont hear anything soon.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Not curious enough to put it back on and see if the issue resumes?

I would have put at least 40psi to test it on the workbench though.

If I can't work anything out with Ron then I'll chop it up. It would just be a $300 paperweight either way.

I don't think he is very active on the forum, so I'm going to try FB if I dont hear anything soon.
He’s around

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #147
Not curious enough to put it back on and see if the issue resumes?

I would have put at least 40psi to test it on the workbench though.
This would be the third time I reinstalled the unit, so not really.

I can certainly crank it up as much as the worm clamps will hold but I would expect a massive boost leak if I'm only able to hold 23.5psi at basically 100% WGDC.

Out of town for a few days so I'll revisit it over the weekend.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #148
I was at work and a Rogue smashed the van that was parked next to me, knocking it into my car.

...For real?

Think it's totalled? The back door opens and closes but the rear quarter is pretty effed.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Ouch, sorry to see that. I don’t think it’s totaled. Gonna guess 5k to repair that. Might want to see if the property owners insurance covers in addition to the Rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #150
I dunno man, for being unlucky, you're pretty lucky imo.
You don't know the extent to which this statement sums my life up.

At the very least I need a new fascia/metal work/paint and a new/repaired wheel.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #151
Ouch, sorry to see that. I don’t think it’s totaled. Gonna guess 5k to repair that. Might want to see if the property owners insurance covers in addition to the Rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So the police filed the report as both state and private property. The way they explained is because of the amount of damage done. I'm not certain what that actually means, though.

So the police filed the report as both state and private property. The way they explained is because of the amount of damage done. I'm not certain what that actually means, though.
Come back hard and strong πŸ’ͺ

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
DON'T let them convince you to use aftermarket anything....make sure its Ford sheet metal and bumper Etc.....they will go cheap if given the green light and it will look janky. At least your alright....

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #155
DON'T let them convince you to use aftermarket anything....make sure its Ford sheet metal and bumper Etc.....they will go cheap if given the green light and it will look janky. At least your alright....

Oh no doubt! Factory fitment or gtfo.

I picked up the accident report and filed a claim with the at fault driver's insurance today. I should be getting an estimate in the next day or two.

As I keep looking at the damage, I am getting the suspicion more that insurance is going to write it off as a loss. The question then is do I go for my 3rd FiST or look for something a little more 5.0ish?

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #157
GT500 FTW! LOL:)

If they approve repairs, maybe you can work a deal to see if they can try to match the front bumper cover?
Not a bad idea, I don't think that would add much to the scope of the repair. Just mix a little more paint and an hour of 'real' labor.

I noticed the car pulling to the right when driving in rain this morning. Hoping that's just front end alignment being off from the wreck. Regardless, I pulled the Danger Ranger back into active duty and parked the FiST.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #158
I still haven't been able to get a repair estimate. I've been trying to deal with the at fault party's insurance and they told me today the person bought their policy 15 minutes after the accident happened.

This makes no sense to me. Can a person buy an insurance policy from their phone and have a policy number in 10 minutes, tops?

koozy

3000 Post Club
I still haven't been able to get a repair estimate. I've been trying to deal with the at fault party's insurance and they told me today the person bought their policy 15 minutes after the accident happened.

This makes no sense to me. Can a person buy an insurance policy from their phone and have a policy number in 10 minutes, tops?
I'd be surprised if the policy would cover an accident that preceded the policy being activated.

At fault should be held accountable for driving without insurance. When the Police wrote the report it wasn't noted? The driver should have been issued a citation at that point IMO.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #160
I'd be surprised if the policy would cover an accident that preceded the policy being activated.

At fault should be held accountable for driving without insurance. When the Police wrote the report it wasn't noted? The driver should have been issued a citation at that point IMO.
Well that's the thing. There is an insurance policy listed for that driver on the police report. It's how I found it to make the claim against her insurance. So she would have had to sign up between hitting us and when she gave the cop her info. Which was not very long.