Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

value carbon build up? with 1.6l ecoboost

Does the 1.6l ecoboost Direct injection have issues with valve carbon build up? If so, what mileage intervals are they recommended to be cleaned and what is the preferred cleaning method? with my cooper it was media blasting and costs a fortune, but liquids worked ok just threw a CEL for emissions issues.

I did the BG Induction Service at 58K. Which sprays a cleaner through the throttle body and I have to rev it up every 3-5 min to clean out the system until the cleaner is out. I also do the BG EPR, MOA and 44K every oil change(6 months). I never reach the 5K on my oil change, but I do drive spirited. If you're worried about carbon build up invest in Water/Methanol Injection. That's my next upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I believe the carbon build up threat is overblown personally, but WMI or simple port injection should help clean things up. Others also install catch cans. After putting a 163k miles on another car with DI with no port injection, or catch can I didn't see it being such a big deal.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Catch cans are a doubled edged sword.....They work and but they don't catch everything that flies through. But as I always have said something is better than nothing....IMO. I have the Damond OCC setup and now I'm debating if I even need it due to having Stratified Aux. 4 -port installed. so I think I will be deleting the OCC as it isn't needed due to the Port cleaner I get from the Aux. Fuel.

Catch cans are a doubled edged sword.....They work and but they don't catch everything that flies through. But as I always have said something is better than nothing....IMO. I have the Damond OCC setup and now I'm debating if I even need it due to having Stratified Aux. 4 -port installed. so I think I will be deleting the OCC as it isn't needed due to the Port cleaner I get from the Aux. Fuel.
Wanna sell me your OCC? Lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I may take you up on that man....if I do you have first dibs. Its the blue hose one with the black sleeves so it totally blends in with the rest of the black engine bay components. :cool:

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
any issues with the liquid cleaners going through the catalytic converter? Thats what threw the code on my mini. I have a scan tool, but it wouldn't clear the CEL.... I hate having a CEL tripped and driving around

TemecFist

Try Mopar combustion chamber cleaner. It actually works, and works very well.