Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Valve stem seals

SGS

Good day all..

Would like some advice from the people that have some knowledge of the first st head.

Im getting some intermediate smoke from my exhausted nothing on startup but if left idling it starts after a bit, driving it's clear no smoke at all only when driving a wile and stopping and again idling it will give a puff of smoke and then clean again whilst driving.... I changed the turbo core as i taught it would be turbo seals but it's still there im thinking it mite be valve stem seals? If so could anyone tel me anything to look out for any recommendations...

Thank you...

CSM

1000 Post Club
Good day all..

Would like some advice from the people that have some knowledge of the first st head.

Im getting some intermediate smoke from my exhausted nothing on startup but if left idling it starts after a bit, driving it's clear no smoke at all only when driving a wile and stopping and again idling it will give a puff of smoke and then clean again whilst driving.... I changed the turbo core as i taught it would be turbo seals but it's still there im thinking it mite be valve stem seals? If so could anyone tel me anything to look out for any recommendations...

Thank you...
Before I sold my Fiesta, I did the valve stems at 105k and it really helped stop the smoke on startup. The seals were pretty bad.

Does the smoke have a blue/purple ish tint to it? If so then yes you are likely burning some oil by the seals. I would recommend TEMPORARILY you throw some heavier viscosity fluid just so it doesn't burn in excess. Then when you have time. Replace or pay someone to replace the seals.