Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vibration above 4k RPM

Has anyone else noticed a vibration inside the cabin on the driver side during a hard acceleration above 4K PRM? I took my FiST to my local dealer and they could not find any issues. They said it was "characteristics of the car". This is a very annoying characteristic...

The only vibration I have ever felt is after I put in my Cobb RMM and I first start the car the A/C first comes on then it calms after a bit, otherwise I havent felt anything and Im just over 3k miles on mine.

Only vibration I get was after installing my Cobb rmm and that's only at idle. If you're using the stock rmm I don't think you should be getting any vibration.

I'm running a completely stock FiST at 26,000 miles and I'm getting vibration at higher RPM's as well. They seem to be coming from the dash on the passenger side, but I haven't tried to isolate it yet.

For me, I'm getting rattles on my snow tires and summer tires. Snow tires balanced in November, summer tires it's been a while-they're needing replacement soon so I haven't had them balanced in quite a while. The vibration seems to happen more under acceleration/high revs than at high speed (cruising in sixth at 70 no rattles) so I'm more inclined to think it's a loose panel than a tire balance issue. Guess we'll find out when I swap tires in a couple of months.

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
The vibration definitely is coming from somewhere in the dash. Its extremely annoying when accelerating. I think I'm going to look for loose fitting pieces or something...or have another dealer look at it. My FiST only has 2500 miles on it.

For me, I'm getting rattles on my snow tires and summer tires. Snow tires balanced in November, summer tires it's been a while-they're needing replacement soon so I haven't had them balanced in quite a while. The vibration seems to happen more under acceleration/high revs than at high speed (cruising in sixth at 70 no rattles) so I'm more inclined to think it's a loose panel than a tire balance issue. Guess we'll find out when I swap tires in a couple of months.
Let me know if the rattling improves or not after the tire swap. :)

The vibration definitely is coming from somewhere in the dash. Its extremely annoying when accelerating. I think I'm going to look for loose fitting pieces or something...or have another dealer look at it. My FiST only has 2500 miles on it.
If you decide to head in for a second opinion, please let me know. I can check into some additional assistance.

Meagan