Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wacky Window

I had some body work done lately and the battery was disconnected. Window did not go up and down automatically anymore. Went to manual, followed reboot, problem solved. Took car back for some refit on the door and disconnected window switches. Hooked up window switch and all windows work except driver's side which goes up and down in increments of stops. Tried reboot from manual, no effect Disconnected fuse and replaced no effect. Should I disconnect the battery and reboot whole system.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Resetting the Bounce-Back Feature
WARNING
The bounce-back feature remains
turned off until you reset the
memory.
If you have disconnected the battery, you
must reset the bounce-back memory
separately for each window.
1. Lift and hold the switch until the
window is fully closed.
2. Release the switch.
3. Lift the switch again for one more
second.
4. Press and hold the switch until the
window is fully open.
5. Release the switch.
6. Lift and hold the switch until the
window is fully closed.
7. Open the window and then try to close
it automatically.
8. Reset and repeat the procedure if the
window does not close automatically.
Page 73ish of your manual :)

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
Right, tried it twice but no results just wondering if a battery disconnect is the solution.

My passenger side window started to do that after I washed the car one day. It would only work sometimes. I had the dealership look at it while I was getting my oil changed. I don't remember what they did, but they fixed it.