Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WARNING previous tune detected message.

Tried installing accessport today and got the warning previous tune detected message. From what I understand I will lose tune if I install and there is no way to save it. Is there anyway to save current tune or find out what tune it has? This is a used car bought at auction so I have no way of contacting previous owner.

haste

1000 Post Club
I think it will save the old tune but you won't have the capability of going back to the factory tune. I believe the accessport saves whatever data is on the ECU before installation.

OP
I
Thread Starter #3
I think it will save the old tune but you won't have the capability of going back to the factory tune. I believe the accessport saves whatever data is on the ECU before installation.
According to the manual it will use a stock file.

If a previous installation of an Accessport is detected, you will be given the option to overwrite it with a new installation. Be aware that the previous installation will be permanently lost and unrecoverable. In the case of a previous install, a stock ECU program supplied on the Accessport will be used when you uninstall.

I am under the assumption that without the original accessport that it was programmed with I will not be able to save it.

OP
I
Thread Starter #4
Installed AP today it is now noticeably slower on cobb ots stage 2 93 tune. Definitely lost the midrange kick. Must have had an etune.

Installed AP today it is now noticeably slower on cobb ots stage 2 93 tune. Definitely lost the midrange kick. Must have had an etune.
Maybe you should drive it for a while with good gas in it. When you install an OTS tune, the Octane Adjust Ratio is generally set to zero and the timing is well retarded until the ECU learns what fuel you're running. It may take about a 1/4 to 1/2 tank, depending on how you drive...

slopoke

Maybe you should drive it for a while with good gas in it. When you install an OTS tune, the Octane Adjust Ratio is generally set to zero and the timing is well retarded until the ECU learns what fuel you're running. It may take about a 1/4 to 1/2 tank, depending on how you drive...

It's my understanding that you have to drive it mellow for 30 miles or so, in order for the ECU to learn, after loading a new tune. You don't want to just load a new tune and flog it.

It doesn't matter how you drive it IF you have good fuel in it. The ECU ALWAYS advances the timing until minor knock then backs off. This timing activity allows the ECU to adjust the OAR until it reaches peak value. If shit fuel, then shit power.

I'm a "tuner", so I know things...

OP
I
Thread Starter #9
I have noticed my OAR is sitting at -1 and hasn't moved yet. I probably have 100 miles on it since install. I have been filling up with BP 93. Will try driving less aggressively.

Last edited: