Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wastegate spring pressure on accessport

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Anyone know which gauge to monitor on the accessport to see what my wastegate spring pressure is showing? WGDC?

I'm supposed to be checking for it to be within 1-2 PSI of the wastegate spring pressure and/or under 20psi.

It's a tune plus wastegate so I don't actually know what the base spring pressure actually is. Going to mention it when I submit my first set of logs.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #3
Usually it's 14psi on the TS wga. As long as you are close to that (but not too much lower) you'll be fine.
So to verify it, do a pull, compare peak boost psi to wastegates rated spring spressure?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
So to verify it, do a pull, compare peak boost psi to wastegates rated spring spressure?
If you are on a base map tune, your tuner would have set 0% wastegate duty cycle (wgdc). Make a pull and whatever your peak is should be what your base spring pressure is assuming it's not on super tight or super loose.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya when I had my car tuned initially locally on a Mustang dyno the shop set the 14lb wastegate at like 11lbs not sure why but when I went to Adam first thing he did was say make sure you are at at least 14lbs on the wastegate. He gave me a base tune I looked at the data log and was like damn they did not set it to 14lbs and they claimed they had boosted to 27lbs on the dyno and back off due to high rpm clutch slippage. So readjusted the wastegate to 14lbs and then two revisions later I was good to go!

Last edited:
Anyone know which gauge to monitor on the accessport to see what my wastegate spring pressure is showing? WGDC?

I'm supposed to be checking for it to be within 1-2 PSI of the wastegate spring pressure and/or under 20psi.

It's a tune plus wastegate so I don't actually know what the base spring pressure actually is. Going to mention it when I submit my first set of logs.
I have a tune plus wastegate and I asked Adam what the spring lb was and he said it was a 18lb. He has a video on YouTube on how to set the preload. On the base tune I believe he wants boost to be 12psi-16psi, max boost on his base tune at 14psi would probably be perfect preload.

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #7
I have a tune plus wastegate and I asked Adam what the spring lb was and he said it was a 18lb. He has a video on YouTube on how to set the preload. On the base tune I believe he wants boost to be 12psi-16psi, max boost on his base tune at 14psi would probably be perfect preload.
What turbo do you have the tune plus waste gate on?

I set my preload (whoosh hybrid) 4mm (actually did 4 turns with a marked flat on the nut) as I didn't understand how to measure the 4mm but most videos I've seen correlate 1 full turn as approx 1mm. Anyhow, wasn't sure initially which gauge I'd be comparing to the spring pressure. From the input here I just need to do my pulls and take note of the peak boost number. I appreciate the input from you guys.