Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Water Leaking at Front Doors

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
For the last couple of months, I've had water getting into my FiST at the front doors. The seals dont't feel or look cracked/damaged at all. I've found that its worse on the passenger side door which is probably because I park on the street and it slopes from the passenger side down so the water can build up more easily on that side. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm aware of the sunroof and rear hatch leaks but i've not heard anyone else have an issue with the doors. Snapchat-1669977066.jpg

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #2
Finally got around to ordering a door seal. Has anyone changed them before? Do I need any special glue or anything?

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I’m replacing the passenger side door seal today. I’ll keep this thread updated as to whether they fix the issue.
I’m using weatherstripping adhesive for the lower part of the seal. The seals are actually pretty easy to change. I only have to unbolt one screw for some little thing that holds the door on. 607BCE4C-64AC-4946-8189-B61DCD062466.jpeg

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
I’m replacing the passenger side door seal today. I’ll keep this thread updated as to whether they fix the issue.
I’m using weatherstripping adhesive for the lower part of the seal. The seals are actually pretty easy to change. I only have to unbolt one screw for some little thing that holds the door on. View attachment 55061
Well, sadly the new door seal has not solved my problem. I think at this point I’m resigned to just having towels stuffed between the seat and the side of the car to catch the water before it hits my carpet

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A new seal should have done it. Is there a dent of any kind around the areas where the door make contact with the car body?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Well, sadly the new door seal has not solved my problem. I think at this point I’m resigned to just having towels stuffed between the seat and the side of the car to catch the water before it hits my carpet
That's frustrating I'm sure. There's got to be some way to fix it, but you've done the main thing to be done, replacing the seal.
The only other thing I can think of is kind of a long shot. You said the primary place where you park is at an angle, maybe that angle is somehow letting the water in to the door. If you parked the opposite way, maybe the change in angle would be enough to keep the water from running in there.
It's worth a try, and doesn't involve any time or money.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
That's frustrating I'm sure. There's got to be some way to fix it, but you've done the main thing to be done, replacing the seal.
The only other thing I can think of is kind of a long shot. You said the primary place where you park is at an angle, maybe that angle is somehow letting the water in to the door. If you parked the opposite way, maybe the change in angle would be enough to keep the water from running in there.
It's worth a try, and doesn't involve any time or money.
Yeah I’m going to try changing where I park for sure. That’s really the only thing I know to do at this point

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
A new seal should have done it. Is there a dent of any kind around the areas where the door make contact with the car body?
Nope, body is fine and the seals look new, I’m pretty stumped. Thankfully it’s not much water so I can control it with towels but it’s still annoying

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I thought of one more thing reading through this thread. Even though it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the sunroof at the top of the car, assuming you have one of course, there are drains up there. If any of those drains are blocked, the water might somehow be coming in in a different place than you might expect, down by your door seals.
Water and noise are funny, the source can be in an entirely different place from the one that you originally think it is.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
I thought of one more thing reading through this thread. Even though it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the sunroof at the top of the car, assuming you have one of course, there are drains up there. If any of those drains are blocked, the water might somehow be coming in in a different place than you might expect, down by your door seals.
Water and noise are funny, the source can be in an entirely different place from the one that you originally think it is.
I don’t have a sunroof lol. I’ve heard of all the leaking stories from them.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
what about the strips on the roof? I know other cars Hondas that have had issues with water and those top roof mouldings and it would get in near the front seatbelt.

The doors themselves drain water down the bottom which ends up getting sills wet, not sure why it would be getting further in the car though. The exterior moulding at the base of the window could be letting more in than it should? Maybe check the little door drains too just for the hell of it.

Caught it seeping. Again, only when parked on a slight angle. Little splotch on the mat where it had pooled up about the size of a quarter. That picture came out incredibly blurry though. :cool:

2677CEB8-1CB6-4A8A-923D-DACA1C261E93.jpeg

A738A1A3-B478-4DFC-8790-33B6058C263D.jpeg

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
My driver-side front door leaks like this. I just wipe all around the doors AND the hatch every time I drive it in the rain, in order to keep it dry. A little annoying, but for some it's just part of Fiesta life.