Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What are some max RPM limits you guys are hitting on builds w/ turbo upgrades?

V_2

I am running the single port, plenty of flow to keep my engine happy in what I would expect to be 320-330whp on 93 and %E mix.

I am running the single port, plenty of flow to keep my engine happy in what I would expect to be 320-330whp on 93 and %E mix.
Those are numbers I am hoping for. I will find out soon.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
It's important to see what's going and how the ECU reacts when bouncing of the rev limiter, especially with aux fuel IMO.

On a side note, it's sad when I see plots with people running GTX's and have the stock rev limit in place. A significant advantage of running GTX's is being able to rev higher without the turbo losing steam.
Eh, thats not to say I'm shifting at those RPMs. My logs show me constantly shifting once its around ~7200RPM

koozy

3000 Post Club
logs also show what happens when bouncing off the limiter. cool side affect is shooting flames out the tail pipe, at least on my tune. don't be timid, bang on that rev limiter lol

Se7eN

I left my GT2554R "MRX", at 6,600RPM limit, it has plenty of fuel with the Aux but I didn't feel like pushing it that much higher with stock clutch. Dyno Shows it doesn't pull much pass there so no need to keep pushing it.

actually they call it GT2554R, yest MRX

"The Fiesta ST MRX Turbocharger Upgrade is engineered around a genuine Garrett GT2554R core "
That’s what I am putting on the car right now. It is a GTX as far as I’m concerned. I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on something.
Happy MRX’ing man

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That’s what I am putting on the car right now. It is a GTX as far as I’m concerned. I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on something.
Happy MRX’ing man
It's a next step up on the GT with a new anti-surge housing and better wheel. So I too will say it's a GTX2554r as far as I'm concerned

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

It's a next step up on the GT with a new anti-surge housing and better wheel. So I too will say it's a GTX2554r as far as I'm concerned

If only we could see the map then we could end all the speculation about the name. I am hoping I call it “Holy Shit” and then I won’t care about the letter ”X”

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I do wonder what's its efficiency range is...I had a GT2554R but never installed it as a gen2 came up for sale new for dirt cheap.

Se7eN

[
I do wonder what's its efficiency range is...I had a GT2554R but never installed it as a gen2 came up for sale new for dirt cheap.

I actually had a GT2860 (non GTX) new and never installed, but I know it'd be laggy. so I changed it for an MRX

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
[

I actually had a GT2860 (non GTX) new and never installed, but I know it'd be laggy. so I changed it for an MRX
I don't think the Gen2 is laggy by any means....who drives around in 1st and 2nd gear all the time anyways? Not me....its on ramp and up up and away for me ....

I don't think the Gen2 is laggy by any means....who drives around in 1st and 2nd gear all the time anyways? Not me....its on ramp and up up and away for me ....

He said non GTX btw

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I realize that....it is still in the 2860 family though!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still a Garrett.....still a 2860... both a great choices....you just have to figure out how to keep it in the happy range.

Last edited:
Still a Garrett.....still a 2860... both a great choices....you just have to figure out how to keep it in the happy range.

I think MRX’ers and all GTX folk are in the same fam. But non GTX peepo I’m not so sure about.