Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I think i maxed out HPFP below 36-3800rpm on e40? 330ftlbs 220hp

DHM1

1000 Post Club
So i have been doing so very aggressive tuning with the car in stock form to see how far it can be pushed. The bottom dark green is a cobb stage3 map loaded on it. The next to look at is my custom 93 oct tune in red that still need some work but this damn weather is killing me up here! Blue, yellow and light green are the E40 tune. The light blue was done this morning with no over load limits and no throttle closures i still have a large drop in the HPFP out put. If you are wondering why the light green is so low i did that pull up hill lol. It was only to see for throttle closure and check things like fuel pressure. At this point i think its clear power is not a problem.

http://datazap.me/u/drag4life723/maxed-out-hpfp-below-3800rpm

All my LPFP settings are maxed out. I think at this point i want to swap out in thank pump for a high pressure 400lph pump. I know at lower RPM typically DI pumps will have a harder time keeping up. I dont know of any one running close to these torque numbers on a fuel like e40 that has a BSFC rate.

For those that dont know my car

its has ZERO mods or bolt ons Tuning and fuel changes only.

Trying to do my part and open up parts of the community people have not explored!

Russ

What PSI are you seeing it dip to on the FRP Actual ? Would you upload logs to datazap http://datazap.me/ ?

EDIT: I didn't see your link to datazap.... I'm an idiot. :)

Ok another question, what values are you seeing on STFT?

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
What PSI are you seeing it dip to on the FRP Actual ? Would you upload logs to datazap http://datazap.me/ ?

EDIT: I didn't see your link to datazap.... I'm an idiot. :)

Ok another question, what values are you seeing on STFT?
2-3 % on my lunch ill got see if i can get a better cleaner pull. Not much by my house for roads. But is a little wet out so we will see. But i just realized i bumped the STFT from my log list some how! The AFR is about .25 leaner than it should be which mean STFT should be seeing something more. hmmmm. I will try and record that in a couple hours.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Looking at your plots it doesn't look like your hitting the HPFP upper limits ...It appears as if your breaching either a torque or load limit setup which is causing fuel cut...

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Looking at your plots it doesn't look like your hitting the HPFP upper limits ...It appears as if your breaching either a torque or load limit setup which is causing fuel cut...
the high blue and yellow i was! The up hill this morning pull this morning was clean. All the torque and loads were below limits and boost was below limits.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Also our cars dont fuel cut the close the the throttle blade which you see under "ETC Angle"

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I'm just looking at these max values where your HPFP is able to reach as high as ~2442 psi...Appears as if earlier during this run at ~2137psi you hit some set limit that caused for fuel to be pulled and then recovered and climbed well past that level to ~2440psi?

Fuel cut.jpg

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I'm just looking at these max values where your HPFP is able to reach as high as ~2442 psi...Appears as if earlier during this run at ~2137psi you hit some set limit that caused for fuel to be pulled and then recovered and climbed well past that level to ~2440psi?

View attachment 3011
DI pumps are rpm dependent so as rpm goes up they start feeding like crazy. Which is why ours supports 330hp in the higher rpm.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
its hard to see with data zap but thats when peak torque happens so peak fuel is needed so if rail pressure is going to drop it will be right there. I emailed Cobb everything to confirm.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Ok try this lol

Bring up rpm and fuel pressure. like you had. Hold your finger on the screen then turn off fuel pressure and turn on airflow mass. you will see thats almost exactly were it picks up peak air flow and power needed most fuel. No other fiesta has needed this much fuel as this low of an RPM on any kinda of ethanol. But like i said hopeful cobb can respond here or email back.

Russ

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
DI pumps are rpm dependent so as rpm goes up they start feeding like crazy. Which is why ours supports 330hp in the higher rpm.
Interesting ..If the HPFP is rpm dependent then it appears you may very well be maxed out at the lower rpms where it does looks like the fuel cut very early during WOT @ ~2000rpm @ ~2137psi....And wow it look like you were hitting WOT as early as 1400rpm with 100% accel /82 ETC angle!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Interesting ..If the HPFP is rpm dependent then it appears you may very well be maxed out at the lower rpms where it does looks like the fuel cut very early during WOT @ ~2000rpm @ ~2137psi....And wow it look like you were hitting WOT as early as 1400rpm with 100% accel /82 ETC angle!
Yea a few pulls it was over 200ftlbs at 1700rpm!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
yea its is rpm dependent. the di pump is like the piston and cylinder in your engine. most cars have 3 to 4 lobes on the camshaft with a roller bucket that pushes a "rod/piston" up and down in a bore. you get so many strokes per revolution. so just like an engine you can only move so much air at low rpm the di pump can only move so much fuel at low rpm. A little part of me hopes i messed up and missed something in the tune and there is more room to go but i really dont thing that is the case. i calculated fuel consumption and i knew i would be close.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Any plans of upgrading transmission? ...Its good to see the stock tranny has been holding up this well so far....
no this stuff is just for testing. there will be a big laggy turbo on this car before we know it. lol

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
no this stuff is just for testing. there will be a big laggy turbo on this car before we know it. lol
Appreciate seeing someone willing to push the limits of a stock setup through further retuning and I'm looking forward to where you take this....

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Appreciate seeing someone willing to push the limits of a stock setup through further retuning and I'm looking forward to where you take this....
I try and push the limits of everyset up. That way when i do a mod or come out with a product i dont go look my exhaust made 40hp.... well that extra 3psi of boost made you most of it lol. I need to know were this car stands in every way shape or forum before i mod it. I come from a long history of prototype and r&d engineering with mostly drag racing. I like to think i am rare breed of not scared to try things others wont and knowledge and hope my car dont break while i test things lol. But at the end of the day its for the community and to see the look on someones face when they come back from driving there car after some parts and a tune is were its at.

end rant back to this maxed out fuel pump lol

also im so ready to freaking mod this thing and make real power lol

Thank you

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
I'm also very interested in seeing where this goes.
Me to. I dont want to say why im doing this testing but i have resources and still trying to build up the funds but damn we need a big fuel pump right?