Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

buckled ST rims

Hey guys, just putting this out there...

are your rims easy to buckle? i buckled 2 hitting pot holes on the road... wasn't even high speed either... just wondering if others have the same thing happen to them?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Hit a couple potholes and now my steering wheel shakes a bit at about 80mph and over depending on the type of roads. Mostly tarred roads.

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
pray to god its an alignment... the wheels dont cost much here in australia anyways... around $270, which is probably $250 for you folks...

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Dont really care about my stock wheels. I have a set of 16" wheels with 205/50 tires which will be my all year around set just havnt had time.

CanadianST

My stock wheels have lasted this far on the terrible PEI roads so they can't be too bad. They've now been turned into furniture/decorations since the new rims came in. FiST themed flower pots anyone?

Combine stiff suspension with a thin sidewall an you are going to be hammering the wheel by hitting a pothole. Impact loads will destroy cast or forged wheels alike.