Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What drives you to throw a ton of time/money into extreme-modding a new Fiesta ST instead of just buying a faster car?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I put a fair amount of time and money into my car to make it more enjoyable/reliable for my purpose. I regularly pass “fast” cars that cost two to three times as much as I have invested in my Fiesta. All of my mods serve a purpose. That purpose is to be a fast, reliable and inexpensive long term track car. I’m always shopping and haven’t found anything that’s more appropriate for me. I also enjoy every second behind the wheel of my Fiesta. It’s worth the expense. I guess the only other option would be a swapped Miata but I prefer the protection of a roof and the space of a 4-door hatch. I also like being referred to as “the guy in the focus or whatever”. Status means nothing to me. I could buy a Lotus or 911 tomorrow but I don’t see the point. I’d still have more fun on a racetrack in the Fiesta that I built.

I’ve always wondered why Fiesta folks and vendors bicker amongst each other. It’s such a small community and the cars are so fantastic. I figure everyone would appreciate each other’s build, regardless of the choice of parts and purpose. We’re all better than everyone else because we get it. We drive the Fiesta ST ;) Ha!! Countless other cars are faster but nothing is as enjoyable.

The car was cheap, it gets great mileage, and insurance is surprisingly cheap. I've always loved sleepers, and if I ever decide to go big turbo this will fit that bill nicely.

There is no real drive, I just enjoy playing with cars. I was a mechanic for 5 years of my life, went to school for it, but moved on to Mechanical engineering- not because I wasnt good at my job, for money. lol

Willfully and continually antagonizing other members.
Commiefornia got you singing the blues?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I just need a good pass time. Videogames get boring, and don't teach you anything. It is fun to get tunes and go logging, or add parts and see immediate results of them. So even though I'm completely stock now, I want to see what stock hardware has to offer when tuned, and then I'll consider upgrading the turbo and supporting mods. Plus it just feels like there's so much left on the table. Ford could have tuned this to be a 100hp car with the same parts, we know that the car can make at least 200% more power than that.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Commiefornia got you singing the blues?
Not really, just more surprised that throwing away the warranty before breakins done. I'd wait until at least 15-20k before doing anything really serious to work out all those "if it makes it 15k it'll make it forever" type issues. It'd suck to buy a car, go bigturbo, and immediately find out you needed major work you were ineligible for.

Been looking for a project, didnt get the 240z I was going for, so looking at an exocet kit and an engineless pantera, but it's a post-smog year :|

A pantera with a coyote motor would be pretty legit, or one of the crossplane powerplants. The one I was looking at is probably a no go, no engine, questionable trans, needs a ton of body work and the interior is shot.... and it'd have to pass smog :|

I think I just look at the fist differently, its my cheap commuter that I mod a bit to not be boring.

So you ask and you won’t mod. This would be considered trolling as I have come to understand it

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The best Hot hatch I've seen in decades.....It deserved to be Modded up...Did no major modding until 40k in. Just did the Reliability mods....RMM...panel filter......Accessport with a Flash tune. Then after that got into the heavy end of it...BT....YUGE Intercooler....4 port Aux.....Protune....Dynoed Etc.

The best Hot hatch I've seen in decades.....It deserved to be Modded up...Did no major modding until 40k in. Just did the Reliability mods....RMM...panel filter......Accessport with a Flash tune. Then after that got into the heavy end of it...BT....YUGE Intercooler....4 port Aux.....Protune....Dynoed Etc.
So are you happy with a big turbo and Thermal exhaust?