Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What I call LICFIST

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #21
I haven't done anything, been extra busy this last couple months which is good. With work and kids, just haven't found any spare time to devote to the car. But I did finally rotate the tires though, gonna have to do that sooner next time [;)] And another oil change soon, has anyone heard of running a 5W-30 instead? I'm not so sure on this whole 5W-20 thing. It's hard to find info, but I thought the Aussie's run 5W-30, we use Motul in that weight for Subaru's so it would be nice to use it in my car. I'm thinking I may just give it a try anyway soon.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I use a 5W-20 Full Synthetic myself.
Engines are built to much closer tolerances today.
Is 5W-30 wise?
I know that if you did have an engine failure, the first thing Ford would check is the oil.
Would 5W-30 be covered under warranty?

Dave

XuperXero

That's funny. I have euro spec and my manual says 5w20. Been using that to avoid warranty issues.

OP
adamatlic
Thread Starter #25
Did you ever bump up the boost on your car?
I finally adjusted the wastegate map, and funny enough I used the stock values and now it runs up to 21 psi. Whereas I previously was only seeing low to mid 19's and it's still happy.

I also changed the oil to Motul 5W-30 because we have it in drums. I had previously been using Valvoline Syn 5W-20 for the first 5k miles. Haven't seen any adverse side effects and don't expect any. It's been in the 90's around here lately so it probably isn't hurting. We always go up in weight with some cars during the Summer that see heavier use and especially on track. When winter comes around I'll go back down to 5W-20 most likely.