Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is the best RMM in your opinion?

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
I recommend you get the silver. I have the Red and it tuned pink after a few heat cycles. I mean, it's not like anyone is going to see it.
Ron emailed me and said Silver was all that was left anyways. Works for me!

If you don't like vibration stay away from CP-E. The reason for the cost CP-E is expensive. I have researched these mounts for years.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
You installed a CPE rmm on your car?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Nope but I've seen enough people complain about the vibrations. I have also seen multiple ones for sale over the years due to people not liking the vibrations. There are several motor mounts no one complains about when it comes to vibration. CP-E is not one of them.

Nope but I've seen enough people complain about the vibrations. I have also seen multiple ones for sale over the years due to people not liking the vibrations. There are several motor mounts no one complains about when it comes to vibration. CP-E is not one of them.

If you haven’t owned one you shouldn’t talk about it imo ✅

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I had the cp-e on my first or 3 Fiesta ST's (back in 2016)
drove it for about 500 miles then removed it for the Mountune.

The cp-e is a great mount and we all know you prefer cp-e and Mountune parts. That's actually fine but it's a stiff mount regardless of preference. I've spoken to the owner of cp-e about making a street friendly or stage 1 mount as their Fiesta RMM is considered stage 2 which means "stiff" basically.

I've posted something like this before. It's merely my opinion and experience that the "firmness" scale is in the order below from most firm causing NVH off idle and or with AC on to least harsh, least amount of NVH. Don't get hung up on durometer numbers for each mount as some manufacturers have a different amount of leeway on their ratings and some are rubber (cp-e & Torque Solution) vs. Poly. Additionally, the different diameters of the large end and small end have an impact on NVH as well. We've used all the mounts listed below in our 2016, 2017, or 2018 Fiesta ST's.

1.) AWR 95a
2.) AWR 88a / revo
3.) AWR 70a / cp-e / Vudu / whoosh race
4.) Torque Solution / Mountune / whoosh street
5.) COBB

Few people have used multiple RMMS in order to give you a good comparison. I have a Mountune RMM and I have never had a noise or vibration complaint with it.
I have a Mountune, greased mercilessly, and it still creaks like crazy (but no perciptible increase in vibrations, which is a positive). I love everything else I bought from Mountune, but I am going back to stock until I figure out a better plan for the RMM. The stock 2018 RMM didn't feel much different, in my opinion, and it was totally silent.

Last edited:
I had the cp-e on my first or 3 Fiesta ST's (back in 2016)
drove it for about 500 miles then removed it for the Mountune.

The cp-e is a great mount and we all know you prefer cp-e and Mountune parts. That's actually fine but it's a stiff mount regardless of preference. I've spoken to the owner of cp-e about making a street friendly or stage 1 mount as their Fiesta RMM is considered stage 2 which means "stiff" basically.

I've posted something like this before. It's merely my opinion and experience that the "firmness" scale is in the order below from most firm causing NVH off idle and or with AC on to least harsh, least amount of NVH. Don't get hung up on durometer numbers for each mount as some manufacturers have a different amount of leeway on their ratings and some are rubber (cp-e & Torque Solution) vs. Poly. Additionally, the different diameters of the large end and small end have an impact on NVH as well. We've used all the mounts listed below in our 2016, 2017, or 2018 Fiesta ST's.

1.) AWR 95a
2.) AWR 88a / revo
3.) AWR 70a / cp-e / Vudu / whoosh race
4.) Torque Solution / Mountune / whoosh street
5.) COBB
I didn’t quote you. Please don’t use my words to advertise 🤡

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I have a Boomba RMM. It's broken in now and only vibrates at idle with the AC on. I don't mind it.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I have a Boomba RMM. It's broken in now and only vibrates at idle with the AC on. I don't mind it.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I have a Mountune, greased mercilessly, and it still creaks like crazy (but no perciptible increase in vibrations, which is a positive). I love everything else I bought from Mountune, but I am going back to stock until I figure out a better plan for the RMM. The stock 2018 RMM didn't feel much different, in my opinion, and it was totally silent.
Hrm. My Mountune has been quiet for the 1st 3 years. Having said that, I do have some noise up front I am diagnosing, but I really do not think it is related, sounds like the coilovers.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The Whoosh is very similar to the Cobb but just a touch stiffer where the Cobb was a little too soft, you should be really happy with the Whoosh. I've been through a few and for the casual enthusiast who wants a very decent upgrade but not excessive vibes, the Whoosh Street version is the way to go... Now, I have an e50 tune that makes 300ft/lb of torque, so I I now have the Pwnall Performance RMM, that's a nice balance between street and race but it did take a good 2000 miles to really settle down to an acceptable level and I still feel some vibes from 2200-3000 RPM, so it's a compromise.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
For 4 years and 2 FiST's I have been using the yellow street PowerFlex bushings in the RMM. I have since added the passenger and upper trans mount. The bushings broke in pretty quickly, but I was never happy with the vibes with the a/c on in the summer months. So I did an experiment. I bought a used RMM of e-bay 20 bucks and pressed out the small rubber factory bush. I replaced it with the yellow PowerFlex bush leaving the larger rubber factory bush. That was about a week ago and I'm very happy with the result. No vibes at all with the a/c, still have solid feel with clutch and gear changes and no wheel hop. No torque steer because in have a lower brace. I think I came out with a RMM that has the feel of the COBB mount for about 70 bucks. For some it may be to soft but for me its doing the job. I just didn't want to feel the vibes anymore.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I just installed a used AWR 88a rmm a few hours ago, and the vibrations are so bad I thought I screwed up the install, but I guess this is the norm. So, eventually I would wanna change this one out for something a little softer. I was looking at the Mountune, Cobb, AWR at easy Durometer, and MRX330 recommended the cp-e RMM. I want the performace gain, but also don't want my car to rattle itself apart as I drive down the road. Thank you guys!

I have the 70a and it is still too much NVH for MY liking, 1,600 miles later and the "feel" when pulling off the line. YMMV and I may put it up for sale. I bought a used Cobb, 3k miles, and it feels slightly too soft. so....Papa bear and Momma bear mounts are too hard and soft. Which one is for baby bear? Whoosh to the rescue?

But to answer your question: which one is the best? Answer: the one I don't have yet.

Last edited: