Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is the best RMM in your opinion?

I have the cpe mount, so I can chime in. Yes it is very firm. I also just added the powerflex black race inserts. Yes, idle with a/c is a little annoying. Good thing I'm cheap and only run a/c when it's over 90.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
My AC stays on Max 24/7. I love air conditioning.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Same here. In the summer's down in Florida, it can get to 100+ degrees with stupid high humidity. You can bet your ass my AC is on full for a few minutes lol.

i had the awr 70a and the shifting feel + lack of wheel hop/torque steer were both really nice but the vibrations annoyed me after a while. its hard to take off slowly/smoothly even from a stand still.

i now have a cobb rmm and it practically feels like stock as far as vibrations go with slightly less performance gains.

if you know you dont like vibrations dont get a stiff rmm

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I have the 70a and it is still too much NVH for MY liking, 1,600 miles later and the "feel" when pulling off the line. YMMV and I may put it up for sale. I bought a used Cobb, 3k miles, and it feels slightly too soft. so....Papa bear and Momma bear mounts are too hard and soft. Which one is for baby bear? Whoosh to the rescue?

But to answer your question: which one is the best? Answer: the one I don't have yet.
Completely impartial, I appreciate a wide variety of our vendors, but hands down the Whoosh street would be perfect. The Cobb is a very similar design, same 80a secondary bushing but the primary of the Whoosh is 72a and the Cobb is only 68a, which is the perfect amount stiffer for most. I have to give to Ron to come out with one that is perfectly balanced for a daily... but my car is no longer a commuter, it's now my toy and the wife isn't complaining about the vibes with my Pwnall mount so it's gonna stay. Really seems to help with traction and torque steer for the ethanol tune crowd.

felopr

I have used multiple RMM from diferent companies over the years and i always go back to the stock one with powerflex inserts and is the one i am using atm.
Is the one i have like so far from owning the car for 4 years now.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Same here. In the summer's down in Florida, it can get to 100+ degrees with stupid high humidity. You can bet your ass my AC is on full for a few minutes lol.
But that's why you just set it to auto and the actual temp you want, like 68-70 if you like it cool. It will then run on high automatically to get it down to that ASAP, when it starts noticeably cooling down then hit recirc and your car doesn't overheat as badly, I've found 72-73 to be pretty dang cold actually. It doesn't get colder any faster if you put it on LO, you just literally get the inside of your car down to under what you really want, keep the strain on the engine/cooling system longer than you need to and have to keep messing with it for no reason when all you have to do is set it for the temp you want on auto.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
But that's why you just set it to auto and the actual temp you want, like 68-70 if you like it cool. It will then run on high automatically to get it down to that ASAP, when it starts noticeably cooling down then hit recirc and your car doesn't overheat as badly, I've found 72-73 to be pretty dang cold actually. It doesn't get colder any faster if you put it on LO, you just literally get the inside of your car down to under what you really want, keep the strain on the engine/cooling system longer than you need to and have to keep messing with it for no reason when all you have to do is set it for the temp you want on auto.
Honestly I don't like the auto. I prefer it on Max AC and adjust the fan speed.
I gave the Auto thing a try just did not like it. The compressors is going to kick on and off regardless of the setting once it gets too cold. Every vehicle I drive it stays on the coldest setting possible.

Come to the southeast and experience are humidity. You will understand why we run the AC constantly.
Give me manual controls any time of the day.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have nothing to compare it to, other than the stock piece, but I'm happy with the mountune. Use ALL the supplied grease.

Very little vibration around idle, and none at speed. It does a way better job at preventing wheel hop and lets me shift quickly, when I want that. I could see going for a stiffer one if you track the car, but that's not my jam.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
I usually just set the AC to 70 and put it on 4 power until it's cool enough and then I lower it down to about 1 or 2 power.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I usually just set the AC to 70 and put it on 4 power until it's cool enough and then I lower it down to about 1 or 2 power.
That works too, I will do Auto at 73 and when it slows down itself I'll just bump up the fans a notch manually if I want more air flow. But if you keep it on recirc once it starts getting cold, the AC has to work way less hard keep your already cook interior air cool.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Honestly I don't like the auto. I prefer it on Max AC and adjust the fan speed.
I gave the Auto thing a try just did not like it. The compressors is going to kick on and off regardless of the setting once it gets too cold. Every vehicle I drive it stays on the coldest setting possible.

Come to the southeast and experience are humidity. You will understand why we run the AC constantly.
Give me manual controls any time of the day.
The key is to use auto to get to the right temp the fastest and when the fans start slowing down too much for your taste, it's just one blind reach over to kick the fan up manually a couple of notches and you're good. I just don't get why you would want to over fiddle with a bunch of controls for no reason, but I'm not surprised, you be you man...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I roll Boomba RMM have been for the past 50k...its broken in quite nicely...IMO. That and they have a LIFETIME warranty on their urethane for the mount. It does vibrate when the A/c is on but dissipates when you get moving. Its a great piece and is very VERY TASTY In the non wheel hop category and especially when this light is on....

Spork1569

I roll Boomba RMM have been for the past 50k...its broken in quite nicely...IMO. That and they have a LIFETIME warranty on their urethane for the mount. It does vibrate when the A/c is on but dissipates when you get moving. Its a great piece and is very VERY TASTY In the non wheel hop category and especially when this light is on....

What light is that?

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57

What is that light? Never seen it before.