Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is the best RMM in your opinion?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
i had the awr 70a and the shifting feel + lack of wheel hop/torque steer were both really nice but the vibrations annoyed me after a while. its hard to take off slowly/smoothly even from a stand still.

i now have a cobb rmm and it practically feels like stock as far as vibrations go with slightly less performance gains.

if you know you dont like vibrations dont get a stiff rmm
I remember occasionally bucking in 1st gear at parking lot speeds being fully mounted. Same with stop and go traffic. Really gotta slip the clutch more to keep it smooth.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I had the cp-e on my first or 3 Fiesta ST's (back in 2016)
drove it for about 500 miles then removed it for the Mountune.

The cp-e is a great mount and we all know you prefer cp-e and Mountune parts. That's actually fine but it's a stiff mount regardless of preference. I've spoken to the owner of cp-e about making a street friendly or stage 1 mount as their Fiesta RMM is considered stage 2 which means "stiff" basically.

I've posted something like this before. It's merely my opinion and experience that the "firmness" scale is in the order below from most firm causing NVH off idle and or with AC on to least harsh, least amount of NVH. Don't get hung up on durometer numbers for each mount as some manufacturers have a different amount of leeway on their ratings and some are rubber (cp-e & Torque Solution) vs. Poly. Additionally, the different diameters of the large end and small end have an impact on NVH as well. We've used all the mounts listed below in our 2016, 2017, or 2018 Fiesta ST's.

1.) AWR 95a
2.) AWR 88a / revo
3.) AWR 70a / cp-e / Vudu / whoosh race
4.) Torque Solution / Mountune / whoosh street
5.) COBB
Fwiw, the "improved" COBB RMM claims to be 85A
"Its 85A durometer bushing absorbs more vibration and further reduces engine movement to aid getting all the power to the ground. "

Do 2019s have a better stock RMM? I understand that earlier model year RMMs sucked and were one of the first recommended upgrades. Does that apply to the 2019s too? Thanks!

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #69
Do 2019s have a better stock RMM? I understand that earlier model year RMMs sucked and were one of the first recommended upgrades. Does that apply to the 2019s too? Thanks!
I don't think it's any different, at least I haven't heard anything about it. I have a 2018 and the Whoosh Street Spec had a definite difference

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #71
Cool! Any additional vibrations or negatives about it?
Not really. When I turn my A/C the extra vibrations are barely noticeable, and if you are super worried about that you can have your tuner raise your idle rev limit, up from 850 (which I believe is stock) to 900 for example which removes the extra NVH almost entirely. I had a medium strength AMR RMM briefly and that thing shook the car so much I thought my mirrors were going to fall off or the car would rattle itself apart. I couldn't ask for this to be any better for my use of the car, the only time I see any wheel hop is hard acceleration in the wet with traction control in sport, or extremely hard launches (which I don't do since this is my daily). The only negative I can think of is that when installing, one of the ends is a little bigger than stock so a little lube or a rubber mallet might be helpful when installing, or just use some elbow grease and extra determination.