Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What kind of mileage are you guys getting out of dailying 200 treadwear tires?

Just FYI for those running the RT660s, its a known issue where the thread face is delaminating from its core on some of these under heavy braking. This is a new pair of fronts I put on for Packwood. Dual drivers, 100 deg weather, fast course (with 3 heavy braking zones, 2 coming down from 3rd gear). Total of 14 runs...
Yikes! That isn't good. Did you heat cycle them first? Or just slap them on & go to the event?
These posts & pics of the RT660s coming apart are what drove me to get Dunlop ZIIIs instead. They're being delivered today. Glad I went that route, as the longevity on these Falkens just doesn't seem to be there.

Slap them on and go, just like the 1st pair (with no issues). I use to heat cycle in my RE-71s, but there are equal number of people saying "it doesn't matter" as there are "it slightly helps with longevity". Remember these are not Hoosier racing slicks.

Slap them on and go, just like the 1st pair (with no issues). I use to heat cycle in my RE-71s, but there are equal number of people saying "it doesn't matter" as there are "it slightly helps with longevity". Remember these are not Hoosier racing slicks.
Yeah, for sure. Wasn't making a judgement one way or another... just another data point as to heat cycling.
These tires may not be slicks, but compared to tire technology from 10-15 years ago, they might as well be. I never heat cycle my tires, but I also drive quite a ways at a decent clip to get to the Auto-X events, so they definitely get some break-in prior to the actual runs.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I had same issues with some 660s. Complete joke of a tire.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Just FYI for those running the RT660s, its a known issue where the thread face is delaminating from its core on some of these under heavy braking. This is a new pair of fronts I put on for Packwood. Dual drivers, 100 deg weather, fast course (with 3 heavy braking zones, 2 coming down from 3rd gear). Total of 14 runs...
Forgot to add, the 1st pair I got did not ever show this issue, with 100+ runs on them. Also the 3rd pair I put on to replace these for Tour, appear fine after 12 runs.
I had heard of the center rib delaming, this whole face of tire due to braking is both scary and new. 660's were going to be my next tire when my RE71's wear out.. now I don't know what to use next year.

Edit: I really should go to Packwood next year.. I have only done my local clubs AutoX. We do have a whole 'Pack' of folks who convoy over.

To re-iterate, this 1 pair did this, the other 2 pairs I have run did not have this issue. The center rib delaminating sounded like an early production issue, and I suspect this issue maybe the same early production issue. I forgot to get a picture of the date code before they got picked up and returned to Falken.

Right now, this is still the best combination of price/performance/longevity in the top tier autocross world. Caleb Pardus has had luck running the Rivals at Tours this year, but for those of us that get rain/cool weather, that Rivals are a hard sell. A052s just dont last long on our camber challenged fwd cars. The new Nankangs look like a good option, but are not in FiST sizes yet.

To re-iterate, this 1 pair did this, the other 2 pairs I have run did not have this issue. The center rib delaminating sounded like an early production issue, and I suspect this issue maybe the same early production issue. I forgot to get a picture of the date code before they got picked up and returned to Falken.

Right now, this is still the best combination of price/performance/longevity in the top tier autocross world. Caleb Pardus has had luck running the Rivals at Tours this year, but for those of us that get rain/cool weather, that Rivals are a hard sell. A052s just dont last long on our camber challenged fwd cars. The new Nankangs look like a good option, but are not in FiST sizes yet.
Do the new nankangs not come in 205/50/15? I know it's hard to get a hold of proper 15's for our car, but usually thats one of the first sizes that comes out with new tires.

Do the new nankangs not come in 205/50/15? I know it's hard to get a hold of proper 15's for our car, but usually thats one of the first sizes that comes out with new tires.
Sorry I should clarify, HS Legal (SCCA Autocross class) tires. Street class's allow +/1 1" wheel dia. change, so smallest is a 16", largest 18".

The 205/50R15 is Miata sizing really.

Sam4

I'm getting between 27 and 32mpg. With or without 200 treadwear tires. Never go far enough to get much bett....huh? What? They're not asking about fuel mileage? Well what the fuck....

Intuit

3000 Post Club
It's difficult to say how little/lot I got out of me OE Bridgestones set since I rotate between Winter/Summer tire sets. I'm guesstimating that ranged ~around~ 28k?

Been running Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 215/45R17XL 91W for a few months so far.
1626702333650.png
The vehicle definitely notices the additional weight from the tires; and the suspension notices the additional sidewall.

Anytime I got on the acclerator for OE Bridgestones, in straight-line acceleration they'd break traction. These seem absorb it. Result so far has been, a consistent ability to get the power down. With additional sidewall they don't feel as "confident" in the corners but I'm sure they'll handle it.

It's the type of tread pattern that'll be better for snow but not so much for rain.

I don't expect them to last long. Sticky has a price.

The tread life of a tire really depends on how you used it. There are tires that worn out fast and there are some that last longer.