Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What makes the fist respond so well to hybrid turbo

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I wonder what the biggest tire someone put on a fist is. Obviously there are slicks, and super sticky barely road legal tires like the R888 but there’s so much compromise with tires like that. If someone found a way to put a 255 tire on a fist, you could get away with a tire that is way less aggressive and way better in wet conditions.

I believe I have seen posts where people went to 225 or maybe even 235 tires with minimal changes to the body. I wonder if that’s true/how the car drove. In a perfect world, 225/235 is probably the minimum size I would want on my fist. If we could slap a 245 or so on them. I think it would make a hugeeeee difference.
I dunno, over-tired cars aren't all they're cracked up to be - breaking traction is cheaper than breaking drivetrain tbh

I remember with old air cooled vw's, I could run 11's with skinny tires that chirped and squirmed and spun - I was advised to keep skinnier tires, but I "knew better" and put on some big ol' meats - guess what? Mechanical failure on the first pass because no wheelspin, I grenaded the trans. Being 17 was awesome, but man... learning to listen to more experienced people was quite a road to travel.