Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's the deal with Shift Assist?

MAT

From what I was able to find this is rev hang, which has been around for years (even with carbs). Some have complained about making downshifts difficult, I think the opposite is true that's why auto throttle blipping would be a cool option (better than learning heal-toe!). My FiST was delivered 3/2014 but I don't seem to have issues others do. My revs hardly "hang" at all, if anything maybe 0.25 seconds before dropping normally. Did Ford ever revise this, or am I missing something? From what I know you can't really tune this out, and I don't see why it would be an issue in the first place as it doesn't seem to exist to the extent as some have said.

The reason I'm asking is it's a deletable option with a Mountune tune although they say it doesn't do much. Doing nothing to nothing is what it seems to me, so what's the problem?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
A tune can eliminate much of it, but then you run into the heavy dual mass flywheel.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
The new cobb maps eliminate the rev hang. When I got my tune from Randy he gave me the option. I had it eliminated. I hated it.

OP
MAT

MAT

Thread Starter #4
Hated what? There is no hang in my car, which is a box stock later 2014 build. The question is did Ford ever revise it so perhaps we don't have the same thing? What did your's do exactly?

Cobb OTS maps rev hang even tho Cobb claims it doesn't exist. My custom tune doesn't have any assist and is much better feeling