Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New owner. Need help figuring out what's going on here...

I recently picked up this FiST on the cheap and it's become more clear why. The previous owner clearly had some amateur modding skills. The car runs great, shifts smoothly, e.t.c, but it's got some interesting stuff going on underneath the hood, most notably:
- Turbo is LOUD, aftermarket shenanigans going on underneath the hood most definitely, not deafening, but combined with the MBRP exhaust it's hard to have a conversation or listen to music.
- Screws missing and replaced with zip ties near L+R Headlight (Found these when attempting to fix the bumper sag)

R_headlight.jpg
L_headlight_+_bluetooth_intake.jpg
- The Intake/Air filter location is just empty, I don't know where the car's intake is right now but the car is getting air somehow. (See above image and full bay pic)
- Hood Adjusters are gone and the hood combined with the bumper sag makes the car look funky.
- There is an aftermarket Mishimoto hose, it's rubbing against another hose. I don't know either hose does, maybe someone with some more expertise could help me here.

mishimoto_hose.jpg
mishimoto_hose_rub.jpg
I just need some help knowing where to get started to get this engine bay closer to stock/safe so that I can do things to it later in it's life cycle.
I've circled the parts I mentioned in yellow

full_engine_bay.jpg

Well the intake at least is a 2JR style cowl induction intake (https://www.google.com/search?q=2JR+intake+fiesta+st#ip=1) they are known to be LOUD.. The zip ties are a bit sketchy, and not sure what those red hoses are. Maybe someone else can answer that portion of it. I have the MBRP exhaust and had to get a different muffler welded on the end to cut the drone, helped make it quieter. Below is my engine bay (I know its dirty LOL)

1668538218862.png

OP
E
Thread Starter #4
Well the intake at least is a 2JR style cowl induction intake (https://www.google.com/search?q=2JR+intake+fiesta+st#ip=1) they are known to be LOUD.. The zip ties are a bit sketchy, and not sure what those red hoses are. Maybe someone else can answer that portion of it. I have the MBRP exhaust and had to get a different muffler welded on the end to cut the drone, helped make it quieter. Below is my engine bay (I know its dirty LOL)

View attachment 52628
Definitely a 2JR, found videos and it matches the location and noise. Thank you :)

OP
E
Thread Starter #5
Do the red hoses lead to an aftermarket catch can? Also, do you have an aftermarket Intercooler behind the front bumper?
Looked it up and followed the hoses, they lead to an Mishimoto Catch Can, tysm. Is there a way to check if an intercooler is aftermarket? I'm fairly certain it's stock but it might not be.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Looked it up and followed the hoses, they lead to an Mishimoto Catch Can, tysm. Is there a way to check if an intercooler is aftermarket? I'm fairly certain it's stock but it might not be.
Post a pic, we’ll tell ya. May not be able to tell you what brand, but can definitely tell you stock or not. Stock has plastic end tanks.

The hose being rubbed by your red OCC hose runs to the condenser.

The zip ties appear to be an attempt to fix sagging bumper. The plastic screws that attach bumper cover to headlight are basically useless. I haven’t had either of mine in for years.

OP
E
Thread Starter #7
Post a pic, we’ll tell ya. May not be able to tell you what brand, but can definitely tell you stock or not. Stock has plastic end tanks.

The hose being rubbed by your red OCC hose runs to the condenser.

The zip ties appear to be an attempt to fix sagging bumper. The plastic screws that attach bumper cover to headlight are basically useless. I haven’t had either of mine in for years.
Is this picture good enough? I don't have a jack with me right now so I cant get under.

On the topic of screws, do you know where I can get replacement screws to stop the bumper sagging?
intercooler.jpg

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Is this picture good enough? I don't have a jack with me right now so I cant get under.

On the topic of screws, do you know where I can get replacement screws to stop the bumper sagging? View attachment 52630
That’s a stock intercooler. I’d guess it had an aftermarket intercooler which OP sold when getting rid of the car, hence the bumper sag. I always buy parts from Ford to fix stuff like that. Make friends with the parts counter guy lol

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Those are mostly all easy fixes. There is a piece that sits behind the bumper that when it breaks leads to most of the bumper sag. Id grab one and the proper clips for the headlights/plastic shrouding and youll be good there. Probably need to reinforce the hose that the catch can hose chewed into.

OP
E
Thread Starter #11
Would anyone know what screws in particular fit that section of the engine bay where the filler panel connects to the bumper and headlights?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Would anyone know what screws in particular fit that section of the engine bay where the filler panel connects to the bumper and headlights?
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/filler-7845505-1?pdp=y

Im struggling myself to find them. This was as close as I got before something came up. Check out the related parts section on that page I linked

Driver’s side wiper arm not mounted correctly. Blade shouldn’t hit windshield cowling trim. Reinstall arm clocked one tooth clockwise.

(Mortified by previous owner’s hack mods…)

Last edited:
Makes me glad the upgrades the previous owner of my FiST did was done to a quality level of installation. Only issue I had was tune that by-passed the emissions check. Rectified easily with a carb compliant tune for my car and installed/tested on the dyno by the dealership(gear head owned and ran FORD dealership). Need a model T restored and/or hot rodded these guys got you covered lol. Gotta heavily modified Ford anything? yup they have your back.