Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's your current mileage, maintenance, and issues?

My 16 FiST is currently at 2,400 miles with a little over 1 month ownership. It's completely bone stock at the moment, and I intend to keep it that way until my warranty expires. Well.. maybe not completely stock, I want to add my Mountune short shift when I have time. But will save the power mods until my warranty goes out. My car has been flawless so far. Changed the oil at 2,200 miles. I do hear light mechanical noises when changing gears (1st - 2nd, 2nd - 3rd) and when the clutch grabs, but believe this is normal noise from dual mass flywheel, so I don't worry about it.

I just want to know, how your cars have been holding up so far and what mileage you're at. Especially the higher mileage 2014 models. I know there are many threads for mileage but haven't seen one recently or up-to-date. How many times have you changed your breaks/tires, any major issues, etc.

This car is a keeper, been such a joy to drive so far. I want to make sure it will run a long time.

'16 here, modified a bit, 3500 miles, oil change at 1k, nothing since. Just had the relay recall done, other than that no issues at all.

Chris G

2014, purchased in July 2014. Currently at 22,300 miles. I've had a few issues, the biggest being a failed fuel pump. Other than that, the car has been good to me. I love it.

2016 fiesta St 3000 miles on it and the check engine light just came on today. Don't know what's wrong with it yet. Got to make a appointment at the stealership. All that's been done to it was a boomba bov adapter and a oil change. Hopefully the bov doesn't have anything to do with it

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
Did you track and/or autocross your car? How is your driving style? Hopefully everything's alright. Please keep us updated.

2015 6500 miles oil changes @ 100 400 1000 5000 (see break in 101) no mods yet only issue: steering fault showed up on vehicle health screen, dealer tested and no problems found What a fantastic car!

'15 - 4100 miles. Cobb S3 minus DP, Tune+ 25 psi tune. Flawless and loving the car.

'14 with 15k miles. Oil changes and tire rotations for maintenance. One gas tank purge valve fixed under warranty, has been my only issue so far.

'14, 25,000 miles. Bone stock. Hit the biggest doe I've ever seen at 80mph back at 9k miles. Hit front passenger side fender and pretty much destroyed every panel from there back. Dealership did a great job and you would never know. Averages 35mpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2014 with 63,000 miles. Only engine mod is a OCC. 1st oil change around 2500 miles and approx every 6,000 miles since. No issues and collecting approx 2oz in the OCC between oil changes.

haste

1000 Post Club
'15 with 30k miles purchased with 8 miles on the odometer in 10/2014
OCI started with 120, 500, 1000, 3000, 5k(all these changes with motorcraft syn blend 5w-20)....every 7.5k after that with fl-400s filter and Pennzoil Platinum 5w30. changed tranny oil at 3k miles and still have the same fluid in the car. 180 minutes of
balls to the wall at VIR full course. on course again in less than a month and will change tranny fluid again before then.

29k front rotors and brake pads with new. will now keep separate track pad/rotor sets.

no issues with the vehicle since purchase.

OP
K
Thread Starter #13
2014 with 63,000 miles. Only engine mod is a OCC. 1st oil change around 2500 miles and approx every 6,000 miles since. No issues and collecting approx 2oz in the OCC between oil changes.
I'm very much interested in getting an occ now.. Which one are you using?

_Javi

I just got a 2016 and it's really fun and all but I only have a little less than 600 miles on it and just hit a month with it. Kinda funny how I just made my first payment and I broke down already. I had an issue with one of the hoses/ clamps in the turbo area. At the dealership they didn't really give me any details just that it popped off. I was on the freeway when I noticed a loud pop and a loud hissing sound like compressed air leaking and wasn't get any power. I got off the freeway and tested on a small road and same problem turbo spinning up and lots of air noises. Thankfully there was a dealership nearby so slowly but surely I got there and they noticed the problem and "fixed" it in about a day. I picked up the car the next day and it seemed normal. After driving for about 10 min I hear a small hissing noise again. I still had power but lots of noise again. Took to the dealer again, and this time they let me see the car lifted and the mechanic that did the work the first time said that the hose and clamp he replaced was slipping out of place so that's why I still have some power but some air leackage. I'm not going to have the car for about 4 days because the part has been back ordered which sucks but has anyone else had this problem. Is it common on turbo charged cars? Please let me know, any advise helps. Just think it's weird that I haven't broken in the car yet (1000 miles) and It's been at the dealership twice for the same thing. Thank you.

At 45,500 miles. Actuator behind the dash recently broke, but otherwise she's been perfect.

Maintenance has just been Mobile 1, brakes, spark plugs and cleaning the dust off the wheels.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

J2FoRS

I just got a 2016 and it's really fun and all but I only have a little less than 600 miles on it and just hit a month with it. Kinda funny how I just made my first payment and I broke down already. I had an issue with one of the hoses/ clamps in the turbo area. At the dealership they didn't really give me any details just that it popped off. I was on the freeway when I noticed a loud pop and a loud hissing sound like compressed air leaking and wasn't get any power. I got off the freeway and tested on a small road and same problem turbo spinning up and lots of air noises. Thankfully there was a dealership nearby so slowly but surely I got there and they noticed the problem and "fixed" it in about a day. I picked up the car the next day and it seemed normal. After driving for about 10 min I hear a small hissing noise again. I still had power but lots of noise again. Took to the dealer again, and this time they let me see the car lifted and the mechanic that did the work the first time said that the hose and clamp he replaced was slipping out of place so that's why I still have some power but some air leackage. I'm not going to have the car for about 4 days because the part has been back ordered which sucks but has anyone else had this problem. Is it common on turbo charged cars? Please let me know, any advise helps. Just think it's weird that I haven't broken in the car yet (1000 miles) and It's been at the dealership twice for the same thing. Thank you.
The FiST is known to have loose boost clamps from the factory. I bought mine used from Ford as a Demo exec vehicle, but I made sure to ask Ford to have a mechanic retighten every clamp on the turbo piping etc before I took delivery. Even after that I double checked them 8,000km later when I put on my CBE and found a few were still very loose. I've PM'd you a link to a "Sticky" on the other forum. Simply because I cannot find the post in this one if it exists and didn't want to post the "other guys" link on here.

Long story short I'd ask Ford to double check all boost hose clamps while they have it or at your next oil change. Also, I'm curious, what "part" did they say they ordered and needs replacing now that they have it for a few days?

FistSt215

2015 fist purchased September 2014 with 15,638 miles with 2 oil changes at dealership works package they offer with 7,500 interval . Tires rotated twice and that's it.

Izzy

2014 FiST purchased used with 2200 mi. on 2/2015. Oil/filter changed every 5k mi. with AMSOIL 5w-20 signature series and Ea filter. Currently sitting on 22,300 with no issues so far...knock on wood! Also, been running DHM E30 tune since 9k was on the odometer.

5965 mileage on my 2015; oil change at 100, 700 (transmission oil as well here), 1500, and 4500 miles; had all the clamps tightened at 1500 miles. No mods that impact warranty; did add the basic Mountune air induction (dealer installed to protect warranty), Dyno Dynamics fog lamps and assembly, headlights, tail lights, switchback front turn indicator lamps (so all front lamps match - white light), and backup lights. Added Boomba shift knob, Huper Optik (the good stuff) tint, and also a dead pedal - that's about it. Did the break-in 101 thing and so far not one problem w/ the vehicle.

OP
K
Thread Starter #20
That sucks... I haven't had that issue. Hopefully everything works out so you can finally enjoy the car. Make sure they tighten up the hose clamps.