Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When giving some gas, the engine just revs with little to no pull

Hello,

When in gear and really pushing the gas, sometimes the engine just revs. It will go up and down and then "catch" and start to pull. Idk if this could be a turbo leak or a transmission problem. Any help.is greatly appreciated. 2017 with 37,000 miles.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Powertrain warranty* call the dealer 5 yr. 60k.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You can use any Ford dealership. It does sound like a burnt clutch though.
The Warranty will not cover a clutch.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
You can use any Ford dealership. It does sound like a burnt clutch though.
The Warranty will not cover a clutch.

I think it might cover it. I will just have to call them tomorrow. I didn't even think about it still being under warranty. Thank you guys!

Attachments

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Clutch cover is the pressure plate not the clutch disc.

Good luck though.

clutch cover =/= clutch. Clutch cover is also called the pressure plate.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
Ah OK. Thank you kind gentleman for your replies! Last question, should I even have a dealership look at it or just have my mechanic do it for me?

Perfect time to install an LSD!!

I wouldn't bother with the Ford dealer unless you've got a comprehensive 'wear and tear' warranty or there are no other reputable mechanics around.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
If you're going to stay stock and you aren't real mechanically savvy, there can be reasons to use a good, reliable dealer's service department. Not all dealers have that. It does cost more, but if you're keeping things stock, and not directing the repairs yourself, there are advantages to using the dealer's service department and having a good relationship with them. However, it sounds like you have not used them, even for maintenance items, so it is hard to judge whether they can be trusted or not.

You might also re-evaluate your driving style to see if you induced premature clutch failure.