Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When summer comes: 205/45/17 Michelin PSS or Bridgestone RE-11's?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I will post this up in the lightweight wheel thread but want to answer the best I can here first.

1) Toyo RA1 will wear really well, very predictable and do not heat cycle out like some R comps do, you can get used take off from race teams a JBRACING tires.

2) No 15x8 or 15x7 will fit over an 11.75" rotor BBK I know of, just got back from test fitting wheels at Goodwin Racing, they know what they are doing, see note below. I asked about the TD 15x8 and I was told no go.

3) 16x8 Enkei RPF1, 4x100, +38mm 14.8lbs, roll formed, fit the car great and easily cleared the BBK as well as did the 16x7, I have a set I just left there with:)
A 4x100 conversion can be done for a very reasonable cost for the DIY group, for bolt on and go, still some work, then get a more complete kit but still reasonable at around $1200 for wheels and the parts to convert.

4) If you want to run 15's it looks like just the 15x9 +35mm Konig Dial In, Konig Helix and probably 6UL will fit but it is a very serious amount of work to fit the wheels, rear camber change a must. Of course you might be able to fit custom wheels but the front and rear offsets would be different so cannot rotate them.

NOTE: There have been some one off, very custom, very deep mounted rotors on special hats and brake caliper mounts fitted under 15x8 wheels caused by building to class rules, costly and a waiting period.

Ok so for high performance summers it looks like the sport comp 2 is the highest rated tire you can get on tire rack in the stock size. Does that sound right?

Just ordered new tires today. Had 6/32 on the now front tires and 3/32 on the now rear stock A50. Had a nail cutting into the sidewalk of the front drivers. Costco can no longer get the A50. They also told me that they can't get the RE11 either. Ended up ordering 4 new S04 as the RE71 was 100 bucks more.

Ive had a nail contributing and hacking up the inner sidewall for 10k miles. Lucky the tire did not blow.

OP
P
Thread Starter #26
I'm looking into the Falken Azenis FK453's. From those that have actually used them, I've read amazing things about them. Just as long as you are running a lighter car, which we are.

My close friend that has as much experience with performance cars and tires as I do, just replaced a set of Michelin PSS's for the Falken's. He stands behind the Falken's over the Michelin's. His opinion is that the Falken's have a crisper turn-in, equal grip in dry and wet, are quieter, and are a hell of a lot cheaper. His current car is a 300hp 2015 GTI.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Falken makes some very good tires, I have used them on several vehicles but not the 453, I bet it is a damn good tire for the money.