Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Where to start....

blancheezy

Hey guys,
So I recently just bought a 2014 Fiesta ST, preowned, and the previous owner either didn't do anything or took all his mods back off. Either way, I want to start modifying things little by little.
My main question I guess is where do I start? Ive heard that the motor mount is a good starting place, replacing the intake, getting an oil catch can etc..
But what type, brand, manufacturer do you guys suggest? I know of cobb, mishimoto, 2-j racing etc., but I'm not sure where exactly to start throwing my money.
Any suggestions, recommendations, and the like are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
There are lots of posts you can read. But the question to you is what is your plan, more power/faster, better ride, stanced/appearance, rally type setup, track car, etc... Also how many miles on the car and how long are you planning to keep it?

Once you figure your end goal start researching products that get you to that goal. This year lots of products have come out for the FiST and it is very easy to through money at it.

The reason to know the age of the car the and the longevity is to determine if there are parts you should look to replace first. Things like brakes and shocks may be required to replace soon and spending money on them could improve the ride characteristics a lot.

That all said the Cobb stage 1 package is not a bad deal, you get teh tuner (which will wake up the car), the RMM and an air filter. PM modbargain for a deal on it. If you plan to go further it might not be a bad idea to buy the Cobb accessport from a tuner like Mountune, +Tune, DHM, etc... that will offer a custom tune as you change other parts.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/stage-package/ford-fiesta-st-stage-1-power-package-w-v3-1

As I said lots of research.

OP
B

blancheezy

Thread Starter #3
I've been looking at the cobb stage 1, almost exclusively for the access port/rmm. I want to get the 2j racing cowl intake instead of the cobb one though. Thanks for the heads up on some info, I can't wait to get this thing going. I got tint this weekend and I'm getting some lighting firm headlights and hid fogs.

Initially you will think the stage 1 dose not do much. It really boosts the performance of the car but only below 4k rpm and removes the boost limit in lower gears. The stage two tune with just an intercooler is what i just did and it really wakes up the upper rpm range to where i drive the car in a differant manor. I have a panel filter but the cold air intake does not make any more power than stock I am told so you can save money there.

Stage 2 tune and an intercooler is pretty nice.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Depends on what you can afford. The Cobb stage 1 is a great starting point. You get two of the essential mods (AP & RMM). If you can afford a stage 2 or stage 3 go straight to that. Haha

Do your research on the 2j cowl intake. It performs well but the draw back is the loud cabin noise

Having over modded my last car I like that I can get 95% of the gains on this car and have it still appear and sound normal