Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who is running the Whoosh big brake kit? Thoughts/opinions?

Trader history for Jabbit (2)

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Thanks for sharing this info!

If you have the chance, it woule be interesting to have more info on this nice kit. For example, rotor thickness, total caliper width, overall disc height, etc.
List all the measurements you want and I'll do my best to gather them this coming weekend. I'll even spring for a decent measuring tool (off Amazon) if you can send me a link to something better than a tape measure.

Here is what I use for accurate measurements :

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Stainless-Electronic-Calipers-Accurate/dp/B01M06ZT2T

And, thanks for asking :) here are the measurements I am interested in :

Rotor thickness (contact surface)
Overall rotor height
Rotor mounting surface thickness
Total caliper width
Distance from mounting points to center of disc

And finally from your Enkei 16X8 +38 wheels :
Distance from the mounting surface to deepest portion of the wheel (to evaluate caliper clearence)
Gap between inside wheel lip and front strut (which strut do you have?, as this has an influence on the result)

If you can include a couple of pictures of the caliper and disc installed without wheel to show how it fits from different angles, that would be great.

Thank you very much to take the time to sharing this information with the community

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Thanks for bumping this thread - still need to take some measurements and post them up, haven't forgotten.

What size? Also, how much spacer can you use before needing new wheel studs?

Honestly I'm not sure. Most of the H&R options on @ron@whoosh website come with new studs. They're hubcentric as well. If I had to guess I'd say you'd need 10-15mm for the stock wheels. I need 5mm for my team dynamics 1.2 15x8 +35, and 5mm for my Konig hypergram 17x8 +40, but they both have a very tapered back-side of the wheel face.

Honestly I'm not sure. Most of the H&R options on @ron@whoosh website come with new studs. They're hubcentric as well. If I had to guess I'd say you'd need 10-15mm for the stock wheels. I need 5mm for my team dynamics 1.2 15x8 +35, and 5mm for my Konig hypergram 17x8 +40, but they both have a very tapered back-side of the wheel face.
Thanks for the reply!

Is anybody tracking these with some data we can go off of? I am curious about overall performance for extended track use.
I think some people have done it on the old version, but when I ordered their BBK in the winter they had changed designs. I think their are some question marks about how the new brakes are. One of the members tried to trade out the stock pads that came with the kit for some EBC, and they didn't fit. I'm not sure where the progress on all that has lead to.

I installed a set back in January/February on my Fiesta, they have been seriously awesome. I took off a 6 piston Tarox set in order to put 15" wheels on the car. I like the Whoosh kit more. Brakes make zero noise, have ALL of the stopping power, and you can't beat the looks! They have slowed me down from 130-140mph with a QUICKNESS dozens of times and never skipped a bit. We flushed the system with BG fluid when we did the install and it has all been flawless.

I've been eyeing the Whoosh 285mm kit for a while now, but I'm worried they won't fit under my 15" Rota Slipstreams. I saw Lays mention using them with 15" TD 1.2s, but wondering if anyone else has any experience with the kit on 15" wheels.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The 15x8 TDs are ET35, so unless the Rota's spokes radically curve inwards, or are very thick, that kit should work.

The 15x8 TDs are ET35, so unless the Rota's spokes radically curve inwards, or are very thick, that kit should work.
They don't appear to curve inwards too much, at least from what I can see.

Took some measurements from the face of the rotor and the front and back of the caliper. Because of the angle of the camera, the measurements look a little bigger. Does anyone have measurements for how much wider than stock these calipers are?

Rotor ~2 5/8"
20230510_164959.jpg
Caliper ~1 1/16" and ~1 5/8"
20230510_165143.jpg 20230510_165139.jpg