Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh hybrid turbo or TT S280 turbo?

Got it (except for getting sidetracked) I ended up getting the S280 kit this morning from Ron. Mabel it will give me something to do during rona season, all I need now is a DP, and I’m pretty much set except for a tune. Thanks for all the input
I am about to get a s280 as well, who are you getting a tune from?

OP
Brezina542
Thread Starter #22
I am about to get a s280 as well, who are you getting a tune from?
Right now I have a tune from stratified for stage 3, but I think I’m gonna get a tune from Adam at tune+ once I get the turbo and the DP. I’ve heard good things from them and I like the idea of an unlimited tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Right now I have a tune from stratified for stage 3, but I think I’m gonna get a tune from Adam at tune+ once I get the turbo and the DP. I’ve heard good things from them and I like the idea of an unlimited tune.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say you are better off tuning with Alex @ Stratified if the longer wait times don't bother you too much. If they do, I would recommend Mitch @ CP-E (he is tuning a number of us with the s280 and has very quick turnaround times). A LOT of engineering knowledge between those two guys and they really put a lot of time/effort into each revision, especially from a reliability perspective. Some of the stuff Mitch has gone into detail with me about is pretty incredible. I've had one negative experience with Adam @ Tune+ that I would be willing to go into offline as well as some interesting forum discussions from the focusrs forums that make me question some things. The unlimited tune is definitely a nice selling point though.

Last edited:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Got it (except for getting sidetracked) I ended up getting the S280 kit this morning from Ron. Mabel it will give me something to do during rona season, all I need now is a DP, and I’m pretty much set except for a tune. Thanks for all the input
Let us know when you wanna get a tune! I'm sure they'll be another big debate lol 🤣. I've had great experiences with Jason at Dizzytuning with my stock turbo tunes, but haven't heard much about his S280 tunes. Any opinions?

Let us know when you wanna get a tune! I'm sure they'll be another big debate lol 🤣. I've had great experiences with Jason at Dizzytuning with my stock turbo tunes, but haven't heard much about his S280 tunes. Any opinions?
Jason did my stock fueling/93 tune, nothing but good things to say about it/him. I asked him to pull all he could out of 93, and got exactly that.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
ok so i was just on woosh and i saw a peron s284 hybrid kit go up. ive never seen this kit before. is this new and is there any sheets on it? vs the s280?
Nope...there isn't much. Looks like you spotted Sasquatch! Good eye! I'm sure there will be data coming soon enough!

wetwea33

ok so i was just on woosh and i saw a peron s284 hybrid kit go up. ive never seen this kit before. is this new and is there any sheets on it? vs the s280?
Its just an s280 that includes a Ts wastegate and bov...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Its just an s280 that includes a Ts wastegate and bov...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It's actually a complete kit from Peron meaning you get a tuning device + tune and a full kit installed and tuned
The real name for it is a Peron STG3 S284
But for the American market we are offering it as a complete turbo kit, no tuning or tune device.
The Peron S284 is a base S280 turbo from Turbo Technics, the entire installation kit is put together by Peron.
Before anyone asks the TS wastegate has a 1bar (or basically 14psi) rated spring included in the kit.

Hello friends, I hope everyone is well.

I am planning to purchase a tt s280, however I have some doubts that with your experience can help me better prepare my planning.

Well first, my goal is to achieve at least 270 hp for my daily driving car, did not want to use ethanol or any type of fuel mixtures, I will always use 93 octane.
can i achieve those hp without the need to put a wastegate and keeping the OEM downpipe?
my modifications so far are:
Depo Racing intercooler
drop in filter ramair
k & n intake hose
whoosh crossover pipe
rear motor mount torque solutions
one step colder spark plugs
DV + VTA GFB
symposer delete

I will greatly appreciate your comments

OP
Brezina542
Thread Starter #33
Hello friends, I hope everyone is well.

I am planning to purchase a tt s280, however I have some doubts that with your experience can help me better prepare my planning.

Well first, my goal is to achieve at least 270 hp for my daily driving car, did not want to use ethanol or any type of fuel mixtures, I will always use 93 octane.
can i achieve those hp without the need to put a wastegate and keeping the OEM downpipe?
my modifications so far are:
Depo Racing intercooler
drop in filter ramair
k & n intake hose
whoosh crossover pipe
rear motor mount torque solutions
one step colder spark plugs
DV + VTA GFB
symposer delete

I will greatly appreciate your comments

others will know better than me but in my opinion, and from what ive read from months of research; you should be able to pull it off depending on elevation.

also out of curiosity, why not a waste-gate for your new turbo? OEM downpipe will take a little of the top but the wastegate from what ive read is important, as stock isnt gonna hold boost.

also just fyi, an accessport if you dont have one, you didnt mention it.

others will know better than me but in my opinion, and from what ive read from months of research; you should be able to pull it off depending on elevation.

also out of curiosity, why not a waste-gate for your new turbo? OEM downpipe will take a little of the top but the wastegate from what ive read is important, as stock isnt gonna hold boost.

also just fyi, an accessport if you dont have one, you didnt mention it.
Thanks for your comment
I already have a AP, I am running dizzy tuning stage 2
And the wastegate just to know of it is possible to get 280 hp with out all that mods

PhoenixM3

All,

I just placed an order from Whoosh (thanks Ron) and look forward to the added power. I’m at 7400ft altitude and daily my ST. We only have 91 fuel here, and I’m not interest in running anything but pump fuel, but also never thought I’d step up to a bigger turbo either. I currently have stock exhaust with resonator delete, a DHM race IC and crash bar, a drop in panel filter, and a stage 3 Dizzy tune using an AP.

I don’t know what I want or need for a BOV, but want to avoid VTA because I don’t care for the additional noise, just the fury. Suggestions are welcome as the turbo was a bit of an impulse purchase, but I might as well go half retard and maximize the performance of the new turbo.

I think I’ll need:

a BOV (brand TBD)
Downpipe, non-catted is ok (kiss my ass Greta)
a new tune

Thanks!

Jeff

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
All,

I just placed an order from Whoosh (thanks Ron) and look forward to the added power. I’m at 7400ft altitude and daily my ST. We only have 91 fuel here, and I’m not interest in running anything but pump fuel, but also never thought I’d step up to a bigger turbo either. I currently have stock exhaust with resonator delete, a DHM race IC and crash bar, a drop in panel filter, and a stage 3 Dizzy tune using an AP.

I don’t know what I want or need for a BOV, but want to avoid VTA because I don’t care for the additional noise, just the fury. Suggestions are welcome as the turbo was a bit of an impulse purchase, but I might as well go half retard and maximize the performance of the new turbo.

I think I’ll need:

a BOV (brand TBD)
Downpipe, non-catted is ok (kiss my ass Greta)
a new tune

Thanks!

Jeff
Truthfully you don't really NEED a different downpipe. I emailed Jason at Dizzy asking about an S280 and he told me plenty of people leave the stock one on and it won't restrict very much power over a catless. If you wanna do it though, might as well go for a whoosh!

For a BOV the Turbosmart Plub Back Shorty BOV seems to get good write ups and opinions. Not sure about the noise, but I do know it's a quality product!

Truthfully you don't really NEED a different downpipe. I emailed Jason at Dizzy asking about an S280 and he told me plenty of people leave the stock one on and it won't restrict very much power over a catless. If you wanna do it though, might as well go for a whoosh!

For a BOV the Turbosmart Plub Back Shorty BOV seems to get good write ups and opinions. Not sure about the noise, but I do know it's a quality product!
I have that BOV and it’s not as loud as people think it is, it’s pretty quiet until you get on the throttle lol

DAW

^^^ what he said, installed the TS EM dual port and you don’t even hear it unless you give it more then the usual amount of pedal. Normal driving it’s very very subtle, aggressive driving it’s just the right amount of fun.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It's actually a complete kit from Peron meaning you get a tuning device + tune and a full kit installed and tuned
The real name for it is a Peron STG3 S284
But for the American market we are offering it as a complete turbo kit, no tuning or tune device.
The Peron S284 is a base S280 turbo from Turbo Technics, the entire installation kit is put together by Peron.
Before anyone asks the TS wastegate has a 1bar (or basically 14psi) rated spring included in the kit.
That thing has a nice powerband and spools early per the dynograph in the pic Ron do you know what fuel they were using?

AzNightmare

Bumping this old thread, because I'm in a similar situation.
I'm basically at stage 3 bolt-ons (minus DP).

I daily drive my FiST and just looking to have some more fun. Something that's closer to stock turbo spool is a priority. I not too worried about the power numbers, I just want a lot more power and fun compared to stage 3. Unfortunately, I only have 93 fuel available, so I'll just work with what I have.

I know most people in here recommend the S280, but on the Whoosh site, the Whoosh Hybrid (non trac-spec) looks quite a bit cheaper, at least before you put in the addons.

I'm not really sure what all those addons do and what's required or not. I'm not sure what's the difference between a 11psi or 14psi wastegate. Or the bypass valve and which one I need. My goal is somewhere around 270-280whp on 93. I hope that's realistic. What do I need exactly to get there from stage 3? I don't have a huge budget, but I'm not trying to build a competitive machine either, so I'm trying to find a good balance. I am pretty certain I won't be pushing any more power after this so the potential of future upgrading even more power from the S280 is a non-factor.

The S280 costs a couple hundred dollars more, but does it already include all the parts for an easy installation? Otherwise, after the addons on the whoosh hybrid, the price difference between the two seem to be negligible.