Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wide Body FiST And Suggestions

Hello all!
I am currently deployed but am coming back soon and want to upgrade my FiST as well as do a wide body kit. One kit that is really appealing to me is the Fortune Flares wide body kit. Now, this is a relatively new kit for the FiST so I don't really expect anyone to have it yet, but if you do have it, can I see it on your car? Also how was the installation and what spacers and wheels are you using. If you have a different wide body kit, what do you have and can I see some pics. I am also new to body modifications and don't exactly feel like drilling holes into my body as one day I might want to convert it back. Is there any other way to install wide body kits that don't involve drilling holes into an already good looking car?
If you yourself are interested in putting on a kit, maybe check out Fortune Flares kit. But... they are not in stock at the current moment but I have contacted them and they should be in stock soon.
https://www.fortuneflares.com/product/fiesta-r-mk7

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
The kit looks cool! The carbon pixels kit has been around for a bit longer if that appeals to you aswell. You might wanna ask the same question on the Fiesta ST Nation Facebook page

xxiaze

Hello all!
I am currently deployed but am coming back soon and want to upgrade my FiST as well as do a wide body kit. One kit that is really appealing to me is the Fortune Flares wide body kit. Now, this is a relatively new kit for the FiST so I don't really expect anyone to have it yet, but if you do have it, can I see it on your car? Also how was the installation and what spacers and wheels are you using. If you have a different wide body kit, what do you have and can I see some pics. I am also new to body modifications and don't exactly feel like drilling holes into my body as one day I might want to convert it back. Is there any other way to install wide body kits that don't involve drilling holes into an already good looking car?
If you yourself are interested in putting on a kit, maybe check out Fortune Flares kit. But... they are not in stock at the current moment but I have contacted them and they should be in stock soon.
https://www.fortuneflares.com/product/fiesta-r-mk7
I’m still waiting for my carbon pixels kit, ordered 4 months ago... but I can tell you that you will certainly not be able to return stock. You need to hack the body to pieces to fit a widebody kit

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you want to do this because you want to look at it and be looked at but do not care if it makes the car actually handle better, faster, etc then go for it.

If you want to do it to make your car handle better, faster, etc the be prepared to spend a ton of money and time on it far beyond the body kit.

Bottom line, do you like the car because it is an amazing little pocket rocket or more to be seen, that is the question.

OP
R
Thread Starter #10
If you want to do this because you want to look at it and be looked at but do not care if it makes the car actually handle better, faster, etc then go for it.

If you want to do it to make your car handle better, faster, etc the be prepared to spend a ton of money and time on it far beyond the body kit.

Bottom line, do you like the car because it is an amazing little pocket rocket or more to be seen, that is the question.
I want it took look great and to perform great. This is my project car for the time being and it already has many mods in it. I’m already planning to spend a lot more money on this car.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cool! I whole heartedly approve!

BUT do consider the suspension geometry will be severely compromised if just putting on wide wheels with the offset to fill the fenders. To make it work in the handling department, torque steer mitigation, wear on critical parts, etc..will require significant modifications to the control arms in length, inner mount height and or outer ball joints, etc....If you are not going with super wide fenders, crazy offset wheels, perhaps just the proper ball joints and tie rod ends will work. Do keep in mind changing the offset and other parameters changes the effective spring rates as well.

xxiaze

wheels, tires, proper coilovers, chassis bracing aprox 3k$ plus the body kit. To do it right you’re looking at aprox 4-5k$

xxiaze

Cool! I whole heartedly approve!

BUT do consider the suspension geometry will be severely compromised if just putting on wide wheels with the offset to fill the fenders. To make it work in the handling department, torque steer mitigation, wear on critical parts, etc..will require significant modifications to the control arms in length, inner mount height and or outer ball joints, etc....If you are not going with super wide fenders, crazy offset wheels, perhaps just the proper ball joints and tie rod ends will work. Do keep in mind changing the offset and other parameters changes the effective spring rates as well.
I would agree just proper ball joints should be sufficient with appropriate wheel setup. Very likely you’ll neee to have custom wheels made. That will be my avenue of approach.

I would agree just proper ball joints should be sufficient with appropriate wheel setup. Very likely you’ll neee to have custom wheels made. That will be my avenue of approach.
Alex the machinist can drill out the hubs to a five bolt pattern , which you will have lots of choice