Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Widest tires at stock ride height and diameter

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm like an inch lower than stock on 225/45/16 R888R's with 16x8 dekagrams and 5mm spacers to clear my BBK, and I've totally rubbed through my fender liner where it touches the fender, and I've bent my fender twice now lol. That's with 7k front and 5k rear springs as well, so much stiffer than oem.
This is informing me that I just CANNOT use the contemplated Swift Spec Rs on B6es with the Deka/225/45-16 A052 (which are a wider tread width yet than the R888Rs) setup sitting in my basement, at all. [:(]
I merely wish that I knew they would not rub at the factory ride height.

ronmcdon

I'm like an inch lower than stock on 225/45/16 R888R's with 16x8 dekagrams and 5mm spacers to clear my BBK, and I've totally rubbed through my fender liner where it touches the fender, and I've bent my fender twice now lol. That's with 7k front and 5k rear springs as well, so much stiffer than oem.

I think it'd be better if I didn't have the 5mm spacer, but it is what it is. I think 215/45/16 is the perfect size on a fiesta with 16x8's
are you rubbing the outside of the fenders, the top of the fenders or both? I am guessing just the outside. Wondering if it's the ride height or how far out the wheels are that cause the rubbing.

guessing running 225/45/16 works ok up front if it's at +38 offset and -2 camber. Its gets tight if less offset and camber. Maybe rolling front fenders is worth it as a quick fix. Had mine rolled and pulled for $160 on all four corners and maybe gave me a bit more room to work with. Could really feel the difference on HPDE, moving from 205/50/16 to 225/45/16 with Dunlop Z3s

DPRO had an interesting scenario but with 17x8 wheels, I think the Rota Titans and 215/17 RT660s rubbing the fender bolt up top and slightly lowered on Meister Zeta. Not sure if he can chime in.

Lays

are you rubbing the outside of the fenders, the top of the fenders or both? I am guessing just the outside. Wondering if it's the ride height or how far out the wheels are that cause the rubbing.

guessing running 225/45/16 works ok up front if it's at +38 offset and -2 camber. Its gets tight if less offset and camber. Maybe rolling front fenders is worth it as a quick fix. Had mine rolled and pulled for $160 on all four corners and maybe gave me a bit more room to work with. Could really feel the difference on HPDE, moving from 205/50/16 to 225/45/16 with Dunlop Z3s

DPRO had an interesting scenario but with 17x8 wheels, I think the Rota Titans and 215/17 RT660s rubbing the fender bolt up top and slightly lowered on Meister Zeta. Not sure if he can chime in.

It's rubbing on the inside lip of the fender on the arch, and that fender bolt, I could cut that fender bolt and probably add another degree of camber and it'd fix it I think, but I'm lazy and it's not really THATTTT bad, lol.

We're in the process of trying to fit 18x10 and 18x10.5 on my girls 2002 V6 accord, we just manual swapped it with a J32 + 6 speed LSD, and I'm totally sick of working on cars for now, lmao.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

A little over a year old comment that I did miss but I will chime in. I trimmed the the fender bolt mount with my dremel :giggle: tool. As the mount itself is plastic with a metal circlip. I also rotated the circlip up and out of the way as as it has a square side that if rotated towards the ground will indeed groove your tire. I also went from 1.5 degree negative camber to 2.5 degrees and eliminated all the rubbing.

Now with all that said I have currently been running my Dekagrams for the last 10 months due to the fact that Titans do not fair well on potholed roads. Ya tried to avoid them but the occasional happened. Truth be told we are kinda screwed with the roads here as even the dekagrams seem to get slightly out of round as well and require extra balance weights.
Thank you City of Angels:mad:
I have also actually raised my front end a quarter of an inch as well when I went back to the Dekagrams ( 16 inch wheel for those that do not know) and put on new 215/45 RT660’s .
I am thinking of new wheels as well as I really like the Konig Heliograms 16x8 it’s those or a new 17 that looks good and is light. I kind lean back towards the 17 on the big wheel look as that was how the car was sold and it looked good . Ya I know form over function except the cars still perform with 17’s.
The jury is out for a minute though 16’s would be less out of pocket as I could toss my RT660’s on Dekas on them for the time being.

I also added the Whoosh 300mm big brakes and had to use a 3mm minimum! Spacer to fit the Dekagrams.
Anyways just cresting 25k on the car and planning on switching out my stock control arms for a set of poly bushed ones with adjustable caster! No not the hardrace a set I built up myself with SuperPro bushings.