Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wing Risers; Good Buy?

Hello everyone, I am checking out wing risers online and some of the things I am hearing are not very positive. I like the look but it seems there are some issues that some are having with them. Are wing risers a good buy or not??

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello everyone, I am checking out wing risers online and some of the things I am hearing are not very positive. I like the look but it seems there are some issues that some are having with them. Are wing risers a good buy or not??
Save your money for a functional Mod. Like an accessport! If you dont already have one....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Maybe user error? I can see how an improper installation could damage the wing itself and cause a failure.

I’ve ran my no-name wing risers for over 3 years with no issues. I’ve also hit speeds of 100mph+ without damage. I would be paranoid and would check the sturdiness of the mounting after a high speed blast, no issues. Still as tight as the day I installed.

If you wish to add a lot of drag, and the bottom of the wing when lifted off the car is not anywhere close to a smooth aerodynamic surface that would accelerate air, even has a couple of large holes.

I guess some seem to like the fact that it keeps the rear windows clean. And the styling.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Ive got a set. Installed carefully they havent given me many issues. I will be going back to stock look. Which means ordering new pins. The drag and drop an gas milage isnt worth it. Rear window stayed just as dirty as before.

Maybe user error? I can see how an improper installation could damage the wing itself and cause a failure.

I’ve ran my no-name wing risers for over 3 years with no issues. I’ve also hit speeds of 100mph+ without damage. I would be paranoid and would check the sturdiness of the mounting after a high speed blast, no issues. Still as tight as the day I installed.
Where did you buy yours?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I have wing risers myself. The only issues I had with them were getting them from the manufacturer, Boomba. First they sent Focus Risers, then the right ones but one broke, THEN wrong color. After a month and a half from start to finish I finally had them. The product itself is high quality, and still seem tight. I actually got a very thin foam pad that I screwed in between the riser and the car, to prevent damage.

The Velossa Tech risers are nice, they come with plugs to fill the holes that get exposed by the riser kit also a large selection of colors if that's your thing. The thing that put me off on some of the other kits is how they address filling the holes, most just give you little stickers to put over them and I felt one pressure wash would peel those stickers off