Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wiper Blades

Any idea what the difference between the two sets in my cart are? Two are the ones you got and two (middle two) are what the OEM parts come up as...
View attachment 40703
No idea. I finally just went with it and trusted they would fit. They did. Different mounting design to the OE version that was on the car. They work fine so I'm good with it.

pixelzombie

I used to buy the Michelin brand when it was on sale at Costco, but they started to streak when I'd use the Uber rinseless wash. The Valeo brand from Walmart looked like the stock blades and they work very well without any streaking.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I used to buy the Michelin brand when it was on sale at Costco, but they started to streak when I'd use the Uber rinseless wash. The Valeo brand from Walmart looked like the stock blades and they work very well without any streaking.
I've never seen any Valeo wipers on the shelf at Wally's, are you buying them from their site?

update for 2024 ~ 40% more expensive than 2021, also seems part numbers have been updated for the left/right front windshield wipers

Attachments

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Fomoco blades are usually the best IMO. I do believe they are made by Valeo*
I'm still rock'n the originals. They've gotten a fair bit noisy unless there's a downpour but meh. When or if the time comes, I'll be visiting the Ford dealer for replacements.

On a prior car, shopping the auto parts store options ranging to the cheapest to the MOST expensive, I used to replace them every six to twelve months because they were falling apart. Ironically, the most expensive wipers fell apart the fastest. (softer) After exhausting their options I visited Walmart and ran upon some "Triple Edge" wipers. Kept those until rust forced me out of the car several, several years down the road.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
By the way, for windshield clarity, DO NOT allow auto wax to build up on the windshield. I immediately clean my windshield following every wash. Removing layers of that stuff can be very time consuming.

1709477685346.png

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I'm still rock'n the originals. They've gotten a fair bit noisy unless there's a downpour but meh. When or if the time comes, I'll be visiting the Ford dealer for replacements.
You can make them last longer if you occasionally put a little 303 Aerospace or similar protectant on them.
I still have the original wiper blades that came with my car in 2016 and they work fine, although I rarely drive in the rain so they don't get much use.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've tried multiple brands, Michelin, Bosch, Goodyear, .. The ones that work best are OEM MotorCraft.
Yes, I do believe that M-Sport Ford World Rally Team is using these on all of their rally build rides, from the almost pure stock Rally 5 cars, right on up to the full bore Rally 1 WRC monsters. [wink] [thumb]

Dialcaliper

You can make them last longer if you occasionally put a little 303 Aerospace or similar protectant on them.
I still have the original wiper blades that came with my car in 2016 and they work fine, although I rarely drive in the rain so they don't get much use.
I do this as well. The summer sun and weather here basically guarantees that come rainy season, my wipers are dried out and filthy right when I need them.

The regular 303 protectant works well. Don’t bother with the “windshield wiper wipe” in the foil packs. Same stuff but with a wet sponge.

A couple of tips with the 303 though. I clean the wipers with isopropyl first to get the grime off, the alcohol will dry them out, then apply the 303. Wipe off the excess with a clean paper towel, and make sure to let it dry fully before setting it back on the windshield, or you’ll get streaks of protectant on your windshield. Been a great way to extend the life of the rubber and not have to replace them nearly as often.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I do this as well. The summer sun and weather here basically guarantees that come rainy season, my wipers are dried out and filthy right when I need them.

The regular 303 protectant works well. Don’t bother with the “windshield wiper wipe” in the foil packs. Same stuff but with a wet sponge.

A couple of tips with the 303 though. I clean the wipers with isopropyl first to get the grime off, the alcohol will dry them out, then apply the 303. Wipe off the excess with a clean paper towel, and make sure to let it dry fully before setting it back on the windshield, or you’ll get streaks of protectant on your windshield. Been a great way to extend the life of the rubber and not have to replace them nearly as often.
I use a similar procedure, cleaning the wiper blades first with isopropyl alcohol, then applying the 303 protectant. I leave the wipers extended away from the windshield and back window and let the 303 sit on there for about 5 minutes, then wipe off the excess. I use cotton balls, they seem to work well for this application.
I agree, the regular 303 is fine, I have never used the windshield wiper packets. It is the same stuff in a more convenient, ie expensive, form

Zormecteon

Here in the Pacific Northwest the wipers wear out before they dry out...

Dialcaliper

Here in the Pacific Northwest the wipers wear out before they dry out...
“Worn out” wipers is usually from the embedded dirt and the rubber getting too “dry” and hard. The 303 softens up the rubber so it’s flexible again. So unless you’re literally having the wiper blade tearing off at the tip or getting nicks in the blades (which usually only happens after the rubber gets too hard from weathering), it’s still worth a shot.

I tried the 303 condom wrapper wipes because they came with a sample kit, but some auto parts stores have a box by the register. It’s only a couple bucks too try it out if you don’t feel like buying a whole bottle of 303 (which is way better than armor-all for interior and some exterior plastic). I also use it on tire sidewalls sometimes as it keeps them from turning white, but leaves a nice “matte” like-new finish on them. Good if you’re like me and hate “glossy” tire dressing.

I used the stock OEM for 6 years. I'd clean them with IPA once or twice a year or whenever I'd get streaking. I changed them out only because I've never had a set last a year. I've tried two different auto store brands and out of the box they perform poorly. I bought high/mid level and even with regular cleanings they were garbage. Didn't realize our stock wipers were so good or even fiesta specific. I'll be picking up the stock again regardless of the price.

My brand new passenger wiper blade fell off in traffic today the new design is trash, it disconnected itself under normal wiping in the rain. A car ran over it and it was destroyed Wish they did not change the design

Intuit

3000 Post Club

They're obnoxiously loud now. 😄
Might be too late for my existing ones but will give the stuff a try.
Thanks y'all. 👍