Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WMI questions

My little meth setup...
Aem kit. 1.5 gal tank mounted where the air box used to be. Intake spacer plate using 4 devils on nozzles ( 250cc ). And 1 aquamist .7 nozzle in the charge pipe.

The car doesn't like this... I'm not a good enough tuner to tune all the fuel out ( but I didn't get a ton of time either with it ). I'd recommend smaller than 250cc nozzles if your going to use 4 like I did, lol. The aem pump is turned all the way down pressure wise and the controller is set to reach full spray at 35psi. So the pressure is low as it can go, and the pump controller duty cycle is as low as it can go.

I recommend 100% meth. No water. Bigger nozzles with 100% meth > smaller nozzles with 50/50 mix.

No matter what, its hella difference. With 5 injectors, I was impressed with how long 1.5gal lasted me all while tuning the car A LOT.
you're running all of this on the cyborg set-up? what kind of power are you seeing with 100% meth?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
you're running all of this on the cyborg set-up? what kind of power are you seeing with 100% meth?
291whp and 290-300tq

Any time you inject even 1% water into an engine, you lose power.

50/50 mix setups gain power by first losing power because 50% is water, THEN the timing is turned up to not only break even with power lose, but to add to the base number.

Meth works differently. Meth burns, water does not ( it changes state into vapor, absorbing energy/heat along the way ).

If you change nothing and inject 250cc 100% meth, then inject 250cc 50/50, you'll lose power with the 50/50 and power will stay the same on the meth. So you start ahead of the game to begin with. 50/50 loses power. Meth stays equal ( mostly ).

When you change things like timing and boost... It gets more complicated. But 250cc meth vs 250cc 50/50 will prob have then 50/50 making a little more power with a perfect awesome tune. Confused ? Here is where "the turn" is. Assuming your engine in question can only tolerate 250cc of 50/50 before it breaks up or can't ingest anymore or as I call it "coughs". The 100% meth on the same engine can prob use a 500-700cc nozzle. And no it gets really un fair.... Sure water absorbs double what the same drop of meth can, BUT !!! You can inject double or more the amount of meth that you can water and guess what...... The meth burns. The water doesn't. You can basically double the injector size for 100% meth vs 50/50 which evens out the heat absorption advantage water has over meth, and meth still burns. On top of that.... Now your running a real amount of fueling off the 100% meth. So lets say your E30 is 97oct, but 20% of your fueling is via a real super fuel, meth. Making your cooling epic and your octane epic.

50/50 was recommended by WMI kit builders for so many years for a couple reasons. #1 they lie. 99% of meth kits until recently could not handle non-stop all the time 100% meth. There pumps would never hold up. If they told the truth, no one would by there kit and everyone would buy the competitor's kit that used THE SAME SURFLO PUMP. So they basically all lied. Guys the defied the manual that recommended 50/50 mix 100 times would find there pumps always failed in some way and the kit builders almost never had an issue replacing the pump for free to protect their name/rep. But at some point in the last 7-8 years, they got tired of that crap, and actually started using 100% meth capable pumps ( see aem kit ). But no the focus has shifted to epa crap and anti-litigation. Now it needs to be 50/50 to protect your dumb nuts from suing because your meth tank spilled in the truck and burned your car down ( which is super unlikely with 50/50 if not nearly impossible ). As long as people are buying the kits either way, there equipment holds up better to 50/50; and they get sued less asking you to use 50/50. They don't mind trading a couple of your horsepower for those things for them.

Now... Not saying someone will.... But these comments often turn to E-arguments. So let me put my disclaimer on this. I'm not going to agrue about this, lol. This is not based on my 6th year of collage chemistry or countless mathematic equations on a chalk board. I don't need those things. I've tried mixes from 100% water to 100% meth. And one thing is consistent. The more meth, the more power it makes and the more I can inject.

Some smarty pants super E-genius almost always starting doing the legal calculations on why one is better than the other. Don't waste your time.

Someone with a good memory always resorts back to a webpage with a 16 pages study showing the result of more water being better. Don't waste your time.

My experience tells me all I need to know, and if you watch the guys that are going fast, almost all of them are using 100% meth ( assuming they are using a WMI kit ).

I prob did a poor job explaining it... If you buy a kit, try it. Run 50/50 with a normal size injector. Then... Dump it and use 100% meth with a bigger injector than you started with. Every time the meth wins that battle.

Plenty of people disagree with me on this btw, lol. But these type people are putting the engines to a level of tune to rival F1 in order to prove water is better somehow. Lets assume I conceded that is true. That if you put F1 levels of tuning into a water injection combo, vs the same amount of tuning into a meth combo, the water would make more power ( which I don't concede that ). But are you willing to put F1 levels of tuning into your fiesta ? Me either. Meth makes power 100x easier than water does.

OP
arlisscm
Thread Starter #23
Holy post Batman! Haha. Good info though. I have no issue going 100%, it's just until the last few days I was ignorant to the whole idea of meth injection. I appreciate everybody's input, and seems as with most things there is more than one way to skin a cat. I guess I will just have to decide on a setup and see if I need to revise.

291whp and 290-300tq

Any time you inject even 1% water into an engine, you lose power.

50/50 mix setups gain power by first losing power because 50% is water, THEN the timing is turned up to not only break even with power lose, but to add to the base number.

Meth works differently. Meth burns, water does not ( it changes state into vapor, absorbing energy/heat along the way ).

If you change nothing and inject 250cc 100% meth, then inject 250cc 50/50, you'll lose power with the 50/50 and power will stay the same on the meth. So you start ahead of the game to begin with. 50/50 loses power. Meth stays equal ( mostly ).

When you change things like timing and boost... It gets more complicated. But 250cc meth vs 250cc 50/50 will prob have then 50/50 making a little more power with a perfect awesome tune. Confused ? Here is where "the turn" is. Assuming your engine in question can only tolerate 250cc of 50/50 before it breaks up or can't ingest anymore or as I call it "coughs". The 100% meth on the same engine can prob use a 500-700cc nozzle. And no it gets really un fair.... Sure water absorbs double what the same drop of meth can, BUT !!! You can inject double or more the amount of meth that you can water and guess what...... The meth burns. The water doesn't. You can basically double the injector size for 100% meth vs 50/50 which evens out the heat absorption advantage water has over meth, and meth still burns. On top of that.... Now your running a real amount of fueling off the 100% meth. So lets say your E30 is 97oct, but 20% of your fueling is via a real super fuel, meth. Making your cooling epic and your octane epic.

50/50 was recommended by WMI kit builders for so many years for a couple reasons. #1 they lie. 99% of meth kits until recently could not handle non-stop all the time 100% meth. There pumps would never hold up. If they told the truth, no one would by there kit and everyone would buy the competitor's kit that used THE SAME SURFLO PUMP. So they basically all lied. Guys the defied the manual that recommended 50/50 mix 100 times would find there pumps always failed in some way and the kit builders almost never had an issue replacing the pump for free to protect their name/rep. But at some point in the last 7-8 years, they got tired of that crap, and actually started using 100% meth capable pumps ( see aem kit ). But no the focus has shifted to epa crap and anti-litigation. Now it needs to be 50/50 to protect your dumb nuts from suing because your meth tank spilled in the truck and burned your car down ( which is super unlikely with 50/50 if not nearly impossible ). As long as people are buying the kits either way, there equipment holds up better to 50/50; and they get sued less asking you to use 50/50. They don't mind trading a couple of your horsepower for those things for them.

Now... Not saying someone will.... But these comments often turn to E-arguments. So let me put my disclaimer on this. I'm not going to agrue about this, lol. This is not based on my 6th year of collage chemistry or countless mathematic equations on a chalk board. I don't need those things. I've tried mixes from 100% water to 100% meth. And one thing is consistent. The more meth, the more power it makes and the more I can inject.

Some smarty pants super E-genius almost always starting doing the legal calculations on why one is better than the other. Don't waste your time.

Someone with a good memory always resorts back to a webpage with a 16 pages study showing the result of more water being better. Don't waste your time.

My experience tells me all I need to know, and if you watch the guys that are going fast, almost all of them are using 100% meth ( assuming they are using a WMI kit ).

I prob did a poor job explaining it... If you buy a kit, try it. Run 50/50 with a normal size injector. Then... Dump it and use 100% meth with a bigger injector than you started with. Every time the meth wins that battle.

Plenty of people disagree with me on this btw, lol. But these type people are putting the engines to a level of tune to rival F1 in order to prove water is better somehow. Lets assume I conceded that is true. That if you put F1 levels of tuning into a water injection combo, vs the same amount of tuning into a meth combo, the water would make more power ( which I don't concede that ). But are you willing to put F1 levels of tuning into your fiesta ? Me either. Meth makes power 100x easier than water does.
Okay so idk if this is the place to ask this since its a cyborg/wmi/E40 tune/aux fuel question and I'm a newb to this sort of thing...but here it goes anyway, sorry for the thread jack. From my understanding on straight e10 93 pump gas you can get pretty close to 250hp on the cyborg, I always assumed that 291 was from an e40 tune (which was my plan to have two map slots set up on for 93 and another for e40). So is that 291 from meth + pump gas or meth + e40? Is it possible to get close to 300 without meth? If this is the wrong place to ask we can take it to the cyborg thread.