Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

LucasHigh

Premium Account
Does the crash system yaw and g-force sensors send data or voltage to the module, if its voltage couldn't you just put a resistor after the sensor?

Side Note: dont make fun of me too much im just spit balling

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,802
Does the crash system yaw and g-force sensors send data or voltage to the module, if its voltage couldn't you just put a resistor after the sensor?

Side Note: dont make fun of me too much im just spit balling
I’m not sure how the system works. There must be a sensor located on the RCM board. @Fusion Works discovered unplugging fuses F20 (10amp - Airbags) and F4 (7.5 amp - Passenger airbag deactivation indicator, passenger sensing system) behind the glove box has the same effect as completely unplugging the RCM. Pulling them definitely works since I had no issues at Barber a couple of weeks ago, nor has he. I’ve since reinstalled the console to clean up the interior and make the car more comfortable when driven on the street.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,804
…also ordered 235/40/17 Nankang AR1s today from Phil’s Tire. I plan to get lap times with the RT660s first so I can see how much faster the Wavetrac is vs the MFactory. Once they’re used up we’ll see if the AR1 is as good as the internet says they are. I hope so because they’re more expensive than RT660s.

Yeah, sadly, Nankangs price$ have leapfrogged even many of the 'major manufacturers' asking rates in the 100/200 tread wear gumball category lately (or at least they have caught up to them). [:(]

But they have ALL gone crazy, even since the worst parts of the pandemic and the shortages, etc. were over.
(The same size A052s today are almost $100.00 more PER TIRE than I paid for them not all that long ago! [mad] $253.00 per corner for AD09s from TR is insanity!)

…also ordered 235/40/17 Nankang AR1s today from Phil’s Tire. I plan to get lap times with the RT660s first so I can see how much faster the Wavetrac is vs the MFactory. Once they’re used up we’ll see if the AR1 is as good as the internet says they are. I hope so because they’re more expensive than RT660s.
AR1 is very popular here in Europe. I have a question do you also run a 235 in the rear? for such a small car this is like a 265 for a megane 3 rs.
Also, are you using these studs? ARP-100-7713

Last edited:

LucasHigh

Premium Account
excited to see how the AR1's turn out ive had my eyes on the 225/45/16 for a while now

excited to see how the AR1's turn out ive had my eyes on the 225/45/16 for a while now
If it were not for the current exorbitant shipping costs, I have a set of A052s in that size with the stickers still on them, never been mounted on a wheel, I would let go for very little (as compared to the $1120.00 TR gets for them currently). [:(]

But then again, the AR1s might just be even stickier yet than the Yoks. [dunno]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,810
If it were not for the current exorbitant shipping costs, I have a set of A052s in that size with the stickers still on them, never been mounted on a wheel, I would let go for very little (as compared to the $1120.00 TR gets for them currently). [:(]

But then again, the AR1s might just be even stickier yet than the Yoks. [dunno]
They should be and they should last and lap a lot longer. A052 is a weekend and done kinda tire. I refuse to pay that for non competitive use.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,811
AR1 is very popular here in Europe. I have a question do you also run a 235 in the rear? for such a small car this is like a 265 for a megane 3 rs.
Also, are you using these studs? ARP-100-7713
Yes I run 235 square. The taller tire won’t permit me to run a 215 in the back without lifting the rear or reconfiguring my aero altogether. Running 235 square is easier for my purposes. Regarding studs, it looks like I ordered ARP-100-7708

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5