Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,766
Transmission delayed again.. Hopefully I’ll have a new one by the end of next week. If I didn’t love this car so much I’d have sold it and bought supermoto and rally bikes by now. Guess it could still happen?? We’ll see. One more try. This time I’m ordering from Clarke and opting for a Wavetrac. Not ideal but he’s stateside and responsive.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Transmission delayed again.. Hopefully I’ll have a new one by the end of next week. If I didn’t love this car so much I’d have sold it and bought supermoto and rally bikes by now. Guess it could still happen?? We’ll see. One more try. This time I’m ordering from Clarke and opting for a Wavetrac. Not ideal but he’s stateside and responsive.
I assume you’ve spoken with Colby and he’s got one ready. I don’t think he’s terribly quick otherwise.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,771
That’s awesome. Look forward to hearing how you like the wavetrac. You going to join fusion works and I for grid life at CMP?
I’m currently on the waitlist. I’ll be at Barber but it’s possible I’ll work in the tower for that one. I’ll likely join fusion for some SCCA events.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,772
If you got a Gripper diff from overseas and sent it to Colby, would he install it into his transaxle instead of the Wavetrac??
I can but I’m not interested in waiting. I’m out of time plus I’d like to prove the Wavetrac is as good as they suggest. I can’t think of any car better to put it in than mine for that task.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can but I’m not interested in waiting. I’m out of time plus I’d like to prove the Wavetrac is as good as they suggest. I can’t think of any car better to put it in than mine for that task.
I really want to hear how it holds up to your 'abusive' hard track use on sticky, wide tires and aero, as it is the one Torsen type diff I eventually want to install. [thumb]

I was also considering one of the clutch plate types in general, and the Gripper in specific, but that diff is some serious overkill for my low power, street only use.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,775
I really want to hear how it holds up to your 'abusive' hard track use on sticky, wide tires and aero, as it is the one Torsen type diff I eventually want to install. [thumb]

I was also considering one of the clutch plate types in general, and the Gripper in specific, but that diff is some serious overkill for my low power, street only use.
They offer a street setup for their diff that doesn’t chatter and crunch. If I had more time I’d definitely buy a Gripper. Next time I guess.

I run a Quaife and would've loved a Wavetrac if not for the 75% price premium. Either way a torsen style diff in these cars is a game changer for traction off the line and out of corners. I don't know if it fully defeats the "electronic brake diff", but it sure is loads better at tracking straight. I remember clearly the "less optimal grip" days and in straight lines it could jerk from side to side trying to keep wheelspeed even with the brakes.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,780
The first 250 miles of break in have been flawless. This transmission is outstanding and shifts incredibly smooth even with Gear 300. I felt the Wavetrac kick in up in the mountains. It’s definitely different but only the track can really show potential. The engagement when an inside wheel slips felt abrupt but it could be me being hypersensitive to every feeling right now. I also realized why I hate mountain runs. There’s always a group of 40 hotboy kooks clogging up the road. I even saw two off the side of the mountain. So dumb..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5