Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woosh BOV adapter

focus_racer19

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Is anyone running the Woosh BOV adapter? I was looking at it and for only $50 it looks like a good option but just not sure if I'd need to upgrade the setup later if I went for a hybrid or big turbo setup? Lastly, does anyone have video clips with it?

I've never ran the Whoosh BOV adapter but I have used the Boomba Racing BOV spacer on multiple vehicles which is pretty much the same thing. The Boomba one caused my MPGs to drop and didn't really sound that good. I personally don't like the noise BOV adapters make so I went with an HKS BOV, it worked great with my stock turbo and still works great with my big turbo setup.

For the hybrid/big turbos, most big turbos don't have anywhere to put an adapter plate or even a stock diverter valve. I'm running Big Boosts turbo kit and the turbo has no spot for an adapter plate or diverter valve. Hybrid turbos are different though, I've seen some with the port/space on the turbo for a diverter valve.

If you want something that will last you no matter what you do to your car, go with the HKS BOV or something else that relocates the entire BOV/Diverter Valve alongside the block-off plate (for stock/hybrid turbos). Also, you can always switch out the valve insert with a HKS BOV to achieve a different sound.

OP
F

focus_racer19

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Thread Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply! The reason I wanted to run the adapter over a traditional BOV is because of the simplicity of the install mostly. I am still on factory warranty so I wanted something that was extremely easy to remove incase it had to go to the shop for warranty repairs. But after reading your post and knowing I plan on going hybrid turb within the next year or two I definitely feel like I waisted $50 but then again not the worst way I've spent $50. I will probably change to the turbo smart BOV that goes where the symposer is as it seems like an easy install as well and sound pretty good from the clips I've heard.