Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

X Plan vs negotiating

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Wow, Rodmoe, that was it! Thank you very much. I have lots to learn... Coming from a 13 year old car...
Glad to help it has been a learning curve for me too I had this happen also, you are not the first and won't be the last. Pay it Forward if you can..
(btw it happens every time you disconnect the battery)

I paid $430 over invoice. 21,200 on an invoice of 20770. Only option being the non-lit sill plates and floor mats.

It helped that I walked in with another pending deal. I told them where they needed to be to make it worth my while, and they hit it, and tacked on a couple other goodies.

Only reason I had a second deal in hand was because I shopped around while I was waiting for dealer 1 to source the car we negotiated on. that dealer was playing a couple little games with me, so I decided to do a little more shopping. I risked losing a deposit, but to me it was a worthwhile risk to get the car I wanted from a more customer friendly dealer.

Is invoice really over 20k? For a car with just wheels I paid 19.2k before tax, and that included a $300 dealer doc fee.

Yup, I didn't end up handing the guy a full 21.2k after incentives and trade, but the agreed car price before the adders was 21.2, at an invoice of 20,770. that's what they showed me, and what matched my research.

getting it in the 19's before incentives and rebates is an incredibly good deal.

Yup, I didn't end up handing the guy a full 21.2k after incentives and trade, but the agreed car price before the adders was 21.2, at an invoice of 20,770. that's what they showed me, and what matched my research.

getting it in the 19's before incentives and rebates is an incredibly good deal.
Oh my 19.2 was after a 1k ford rebate and the $500 personal ford coupon I got in the mail.

I was able to beat X-plan negotiating in the Toronto area in Canada. I had an x-plan pin but didn't end up needing it.