Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

You can drive a Fiesta ST in cowboy boots!

In case you were wondering--it works quite well actually.

I visited TX and the boots everyone was wearing looked kinda cool, so I bought a pair. If you get a similar urge in cowboy country, don't let your ST stop you![biggrin]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I won't drive in my Tony Lamas because the soles are way too slippery, yes, even when fully scuffed up, and I do not get a good 'pedal feel' through them.

Is it possible? OF COURSE, but I prefer to change back and forth between a more driving capable shoe and them if I am wearing them somewhere (like a Reckless Kelly, or Robert Earl Keen show). [wink]

Thought I could drive with my left foot in a cast. After a few days, I borrowed my mom’s smurf blue Saturn with “Crazy Cat Lady” stickers on it till my foot healed. The shame was palpable.

LOL, for my old job driving a semi i always wore cowboy boots for work unless it was real cold, then id wear army cold weather boots. i can float gears up and down all day in them on a 10spd

for the fiesta, i can kinda heel toe downshift in them, but i look like a newbie

DaveG99

I have a pair of ariats and Ive driven in them just fine. But they have a rubberized sole. My favorite driving shoes are vans.

I have a big ass foot. Size 13. And certain shoes I wear get caught on the brake pedal when I press the clutch. Usually when I have dress shoes on

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have a big ass foot. Size 13. And certain shoes I wear get caught on the brake pedal when I press the clutch.
Same here, and it's to the point where I am afraid to do the pedal spacer mod to bring the accelerator and brake pedals closer together as sometimes when I am wearing a wider shoe, I already hit BOTH when I don't want/intend to do so. [:(]

DaveG99

My problem is when I have my right foot on the brake and go to hit the clutch. My left foot will sometimes catch on my right foot (which is on the brake) and cause the car to jerk like Im hitting the brakes hard....

Big foot problems!

Many many years ago in the mid 90's I worked as a valet driver. I remember Porsches having the tiniest gap between the pedals. I hated driving those

irontmp

U.S. Army Veteran
My problem is when I have my right foot on the brake and go to hit the clutch. My left foot will sometimes catch on my right foot David Saroni (which is on the brake) and cause the car to jerk like Im hitting the brakes hard....

Big foot problems!

Many many years ago in the mid 90's I worked as a valet driver. I remember Porsches having the tiniest gap between the pedals. I hated driving those
I am interested in buying a pair of cowboy boots.....where can I find them on LI? I'd like a quality pair, I'd be looking to spend around $200-300. I know I can order them from probably a billion places online, but I'd definitely need to try them on first. Found one place that's in Bayshore.....anyone know of another spot?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you modify your accelerator pedal to move closer to the Brake to Blipshift? If yes...Cowboy boots will have an issue being worn and driven with. i have ARIAT Square toes and if i drive the Fist i must take tennis to wear to drive in.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am interested in buying a pair of cowboy boots.....where can I find them on LI? I'd like a quality pair, I'd be looking to spend around $200-300. I know I can order them from probably a billion places online, but I'd definitely need to try them on first. Found one place that's in Bayshore.....anyone know of another spot?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r77l3nqZEY

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
In case you were wondering--it works quite well actually.

I visited TX and the boots everyone was wearing looked kinda cool, so I bought a pair. If you get a similar urge in cowboy country, don't let your ST stop you![biggrin]
I've tried to drive in my boots, but the actual width of the sole was greater than the distance between the center tunnel in the foot well and the brake pedal, so every time I hit the throttle it would clip the brake pedal - and sometimes coming off the throttle my boot would "hook" under the edge of the brake pedal. Technically possible, but due to having to move "weird" it wasn't very comfortable and my old-ass knees hurt afterwards.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I drive in thorogood work boots all of the time. I can’t heel toe regardless so it’s fine, but I do notice I have to exert a little more effort than usual when I’m wearing shoes because the weight of the boots makes pressing the pedals easier.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Check out Tecovas. Quality stuff!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Absolutely hate how the pointy toed boots and shoes cut-off your pinky toe.

Due to most of my time being on two wheels, I'm nearly always in a pair of steel-toe.
Stores don't carry half-sizes so had to round-up to 13.
It's some precision tap dancing, but you'll adjust without issue.