Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Zippy the Aussie Fiesta ST

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #101
I installed these fog light ducts yesterday.

These are made by RSP Engineering in England and have hoses for brake cooling and Halo LED's so you don't completely lose your fog light.

The prints are identical and I had get the dremel out to increase 2 hole sizes to fit the drivers side, the passenger side fit perfectly but needed this slight mod to fit the drivers side.

All in all, I'm happy as with the look of them and the fact I can now run brake cooling adds some functionality.

The Y piece is to use on the passenger side, split it into 2 and run a hose to the brakes and 1 to the bottom of the Mountune airbox.

I am unsure how these would fit the U.S model.

https://youtu.be/fI4FcBApxS8 20220907_140753.jpg 20220907_140809.jpg 20220907_140753.jpg 20220907_140809.jpg 20220907_140716.jpg 20220907_140745.jpg 20221012_125903.jpg 20221012_125911.jpg

Attachments

I installed these fog light ducts yesterday.

These are made by RSP Engineering in England and have hoses for brake cooling and Halo LED's so you don't completely lose your fog light.

The prints are identical and I had get the dremel out to increase 2 hole sizes to fit the drivers side, the passenger side fit perfectly but needed this slight mod to fit the drivers side.

All in all, I'm happy as with the look of them and the fact I can now run brake cooling adds some functionality.

The Y piece is to use on the passenger side, split it into 2 and run a hose to the brakes and 1 to the bottom of the Mountune airbox.

I am unsure how these would fit the U.S model.

https://youtu.be/fI4FcBApxS8 View attachment 51820 View attachment 51821 View attachment 51820 View attachment 51821 View attachment 51822 View attachment 51823 View attachment 51824 View attachment 51825
did RSP Engineering address any concerns about the driver side braking having more cooling since it doesn't have a split feed it shares with the airbox? this seems weird to me as general agreement that the airbox is one of the few things that doesn't need more airflow and now it's introducing uneven cooling driver vs passenger front braking.

either way it may not even matter and that's a really interesting option. thanks for posting it.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #103
did RSP Engineering address any concerns about the driver side braking having more cooling since it doesn't have a split feed it shares with the airbox? this seems weird to me as general agreement that the airbox is one of the few things that doesn't need more airflow and now it's introducing uneven cooling driver vs passenger front braking.

either way it may not even matter and that's a really interesting option. thanks for posting it.
All the parts are sold seperately so this is a DIY kit I put together from their website.

I figured for public track days, anysort of brake cooling is better than what I have now which is none so I wasn't concerned eith the passenger side sharing the feed with the Mountune box.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #104
Wow, I haven't done anything to the car since October. My bad.

Today the drivers side and transmission mount (rhd) Powerflex engine mount inserts went in. I am yet to drive it to see if there is any difference at all but happy knowing that they are in.

Why did I go Powerflex over a replacement like Vibratechnics?
Well, there is nothing really wrong with my stock mounts other than they are a little soft after 90,000KM and a few track days. For the cost if the mounts and it is a job that could be D.I.Y'd with the right tools and half decent mechanical skill.

I am hoping to get a little increased performance and rigidity and longer life out of the stock mounts before going to the expense of after market mounts.

Video here:

View: https://youtu.be/5QTMnadkK50

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #105
So today was a day.

I had been saving up for some XYZ coilovers brand new. I was about half way there and a set of Bilstein B14's popped up for sale. I had the cash so jumped on it!

I drove over a 6 hour round trip on Sunday and picked them up. Today was the install.

Not too many pics yet, the install itself albeit long is not overly difficult with limited but correct tools. Video to follow.

The biggest PITA was my Whiteline Camber bolts and getting them out. A local Fiesta owner and Ford mechanic came over to help out, much appreciated.

Off tomorrow for a rotation, balance and allignment!

I'll update with more pics once it's all sorted. 20230423_174913.jpg 20230423_174908.jpg 20230423_174908.jpg

Attachments

Looking good. Pretty sure I watched your YouTube video on the powerflex mounts just a few days ago as well as the info about the camber bolts 👍🏼

Given the new power of hindsight… were the whiteline camber bolts worth it ? I believe you mentioned doing mainly because of rubbing.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #108
Looking good. Pretty sure I watched your YouTube video on the powerflex mounts just a few days ago as well as the info about the camber bolts 👍🏼

Given the new power of hindsight… were the whiteline camber bolts worth it ? I believe you mentioned doing mainly because of rubbing.
Hey mate,

Firstly thanks for watching some vids and keeping up with the progress.

I did get the camber bolts to try and aid the scrubbing which sort of helped but my wheel and tyre combo just didn't quite fit. With the current coilover height I barely scrub at all but I am suspecting the alligner has tried to match factory specs. I think there is a bit more neg camber left in the bolts. I believe if I can get -1.5 to -2° again now with the new height, it'll be sweet.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #109
More mods!

I had the Mishimoto radiator installed yesterday. Video to follow.

The process albeit fairly involved was pretty straight forward. I hired help from Mitch who has done quite a few things on my car now and is a Ford Tech and FiST owner.

Taking off the front bar, the intercooler, crash bar and Then thw radiator pack is easy enough, just takes time. We also removed the airbox (not needed for the job) to make a little extra room for the sake of 2 clips and 2 clamps.

We had to shave one of the 2 little brackets that hold in the air con condensor in at the bottom of the radiator as it didn't quite fit by around 2mm.

Reassembly was fine, again, just time consuming. Bleeding the system was straight forward too using the bleed valve and then the self bleeding Ford system does its job too. I found a Nulon coolant that met the Ford spec and lucky I bought a 6L value bottle as we used over 5L to refill the system with the new triple core radiator.

Whilst we were at it, I fitted the Mountune Silicone hose kit and clamps while we were there.

It's a shame it's all so hidden away as it's a really nice looking unit and for the bargain price of $350AU when Mishimoto had the final sale over here, I couldn't say no. 20230527_112823.jpg

The bleed valve is notorious for leaking and mine did instantly. I have bought another brass bolt to replace it.

20230527_102536.jpg 20230527_105142.jpg 20230527_105156.jpg 20230527_105419.jpg 20230527_112808.jpg 20230527_112814.jpg

Attachments

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #111
Sponsored video incoming!

I posted on Instagram a little while back that the oil breather had popped off the crossover.
The good peeps at Whoosh Motorsports shot me a message and said they have a silicone hose replacement. After a back and forth chat, Whoosh said they'd send me the pair to sponsor a video 👍.

The top hose is obviously a piece of piss to swap. Some long nose bent pliers and the hoses pop right off. The bottom hose is a bit fiddly working under the inlet manifold but not complicated, took all of 5 mins.

The replacement clamps that come with the Whoosh kit were a 7mm socket and I also needed a long flexible magnet, that was it.

What I will say is if you wanted to retain the engine cover the hose may need a trim where it joins the crossover. Also it is mentioned on the Whoosh site that for a 16/17 car it needs trimming to clear a sensor. I think this may be a U.S specific thing.

Anyways, video to come but here are the pics. They look great and match up nicely to the Mountune intake hose and Mountune radiator hoses.

20230903_135847.jpg 20230903_135858.jpg 20230903_135912.jpg 20230903_135922.jpg

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #112
I spent a day with the bro in law the other day.

Successes of the day.

Powerflex purple bushed new rear motor mount added. More vibration yes. Hard to love with? No.

Adjusted the Whiteline Camber Bolts. The wheels haven't scrubbed since. Big win for me.

Also we replaced the expansion tank. Mine was the original since new, had swollen and started to leak, quite a bit so that went out and the new one in with the 2 thin lines replaced for new also. All shmicko now.

The fail of the day was the Mountune turbo elbow. I think my Whoosh silicone reducer from the Whoosh crossover is only good for the stock sized turbo elbow. The silicone join just wouldn't fit at all so after fitting it to the turbo, it had to come out and returned to stock. What a f**k around that was.

we didn't get to the boost gauge unfortunately.

IMG_20240102_153633_702.jpg IMG_20240103_144726_231.jpg

Attachments

Pics of how it sits on the Bilsteins. No adjustments needed!
Very nice, those pictures kind of make me want to go back to 17" rims.

Small question for you, do your rear springs make any noises from time to time at all? Like maybe a twang on certain dips or when the car is coming out of a sharp turn?

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #114
Very nice, those pictures kind of make me want to go back to 17" rims.

Small question for you, do your rear springs make any noises from time to time at all? Like maybe a twang on certain dips or when the car is coming out of a sharp turn?
No they don't. I haven't got any weird noises. I know with some coilovers if the pretension isn't set right or there are no spring dampeners it can cause those noises.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do you use the Superturismo LMs with the AD08Rs as your daily driver setup?

If so, how are they holding up to street use as far as wear goes, and picking up any potentially tire killing road shrapnel?

Do they scream like tortured banshees on meth at any speeds above 25 MPH (like some of the 200 tread wear federals do)?

Many total miles (open track and street) on them so far?

I ask because I am considering either those tires, or their AD09s as a daily use summer tire, with no open tracking at all, due to the impossibility of finding great performing, 215/40-17, 300-340 tread wear, STREET tires here in the states. [wink] [mad]

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #116
Do you use the Superturismo LMs with the AD08Rs as your daily driver setup?

If so, how are they holding up to street use as far as wear goes, and picking up any potentially tire killing road shrapnel?

Do they scream like tortured banshees on meth at any speeds above 25 MPH (like some of the 200 tread wear federals do)?

Many total miles (open track and street) on them so far?

I ask because I am considering either those tires, or their AD09s as a daily use summer tire, with no open tracking at all, due to the impossibility of finding great performing, 215/40-17, 300-340 tread wear, STREET tires here in the states. [wink] [mad]
I should make a video on how they have been. A quick run down.

First 6 months, monsterous grip like nothing else, probably would have lasted more if I didn't heat cycle them on track.

Track day, knocked off over a second on my pb lap at Luddenham.

After the track day, it seems they need a fair bit of heat again to get any half decent grip.

Rainy weather, not great. I do have to take it easy in the rain.

Wear wise I am pretty impressed, with regular 6 month rotation they are still good and not looking like they need replacing. I will probably look into the AD09 when they do need replacing.

If I didn't track it, I'd probably look at Michilin PS5s.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If I didn't track it, I'd probably look at Michelin PS5s.
LOL! Yeah, ironically THAT is the precise, exact, 300-340 tread wear summer tire (in a 215/40-17 size) which I was referring to being totally impossible to get here in the states, due to the 'wisdom' of the higher ups at Michelin North America of not allowing U.S. to have it.

There are literally thousands of them sitting in warehouses in the UK/Europe (and Oz as well, it seems), but that company is just not kind enough (or maybe purposely wants to give up sales/profits??) to just bring them into this land. [:(!] [thumbdown]

It is the sole reason I am asking about your AD08Rs (and the similar AD09Rs) as those seem to be the more longevity/'endurance' oriented of the 200 tread wear stickies, and like the (on it's way out, I suspect, and VERY narrow tread width) RT 615K+ Falken, and therefore much more 'streetable' than the one lap wonder 'sprint' class of 200 tread wear gumballs out there (Yok A052, Nankang CR-S, Falken RT660, etc.).

Thanks MUCH for the mini review and response though. [twothumb]