Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Zippy the Aussie Fiesta ST

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #81
I tried pricing out what these would be sent over to the states through DBA USA, and it was well OVER $1K USD for the set of four, and a possible half year+ wait time!! [crazyeye][ohcrap]

They are great, high quality rotors, but for the same price as Ron's front BBK, that's a NO GO for me.

So I just ordered Ron's Brit cast, 'j hook' slot set for less than a third the co$t of the DBAs. [wink]
I don't blame you for buying locally.
DBA seem to do a run at a time of their different sizes and then drill stud patterns in a run too so they have lots of stock of the ones you want, then thry don't and you wait.
They have been good. I had them on my HR31 Skyline too.

The problem with the Whoosh BBK for me is mostly the exchange rate lol. That, and we have to remove the inner dust cover which then I think causes legal issues for us here in Aus.

I always wanted a proper BBK on a car though.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That MP215 ST badge is awesome. I wish I got that when I bought the MP215 kit but I just got the yellow mountune rectangle

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #87
Wow, you most definitely 'sweat' the details. [:)] [thumb]
It was a warm day. The little details make a nice difference and be what makes an average car nice.

That MP215 ST badge is awesome. I wish I got that when I bought the MP215 kit but I just got the yellow mountune rectangle
That "MP215" badge is a gel insert sticker from DMB Graphics in England.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #88
Been a minute since I installed anything.

Mishimoto Australia had a rediculous sale and I bought things.

Their radiator and fan shroud was just $330AU down from $980! Bargain. Yes please. That's an install for another day.

Today I installed the trunk brace, paid under $120AU down from $330 I think.

Piss easy install.

View: https://youtu.be/S79OMD6OgrA
20220601_115445.jpg 20220601_121000.jpg 20220601_121200.jpg 20220601_123850.jpg 20220601_123901.jpg 20220601_123906.jpg 20220601_124445.jpg 20220601_125048.jpg

20220601_115445.jpg

Last edited:

Business6

Been a minute since I installed anything.

Mishimoto Australia had a rediculous sale and I bought things.

Their radiator and fan shroud was just $330AU down from $980! Bargain. Yes please. That's an install for another day.

Today I installed the trunk brace, paid under $120AU down from $330 I think.
To help:
980 AU = $706
330 AU = $238

So, yeah, that's a hell of a sale, lol. Good luck on that install, just give yourself time and an extra pair of hands. The resulting peace of mind is nice when you fix one the weakest points of the car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I WISH that they would sell that trunk brace for that price (~$86.50 USD), HERE!

I kind of like that it is flat tube stock, and does not rise up above the floor as much as all of the round tube versions, and is not as in$anely exorbitantly priced (albeit slightly lighter alloy) as the only other flat style brace, the SWAVE/Summit.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #92
Did you notice any difference wit the trunk brace
No difference yet. The rear sway bar made a good difference so maybe if I didn't have that already I may have noticed something. Yet to get it on track though.

To help:
980 AU = $706
330 AU = $238

So, yeah, that's a hell of a sale, lol. Good luck on that install, just give yourself time and an extra pair of hands. The resulting peace of mind is nice when you fix one the weakest points of the car.
It was a sale too good to pass up. I know someone who is a tech for Ford somewhat locally, I usually ask him to book the car in for the jobs I really need to get right so will book in with him for the radiator and thermostat. I already have Mountune silicone hoses that will replace the standard rubber ones.

I WISH that they would sell that trunk brace for that price (~$86.50 USD), HERE!

I kind of like that it is flat tube stock, and does not rise up above the floor as much as all of the round tube versions, and is not as in$anely exorbitantly priced (albeit slightly lighter alloy) as the only other flat style brace, the SWAVE/Summit.
It is pretty low profile. We don't have the adjustable height false floor like the U.S model so I will look at a way to have the removable floor sit back down on the body floor rather than the back sit up on the brace.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It is pretty low profile. We don't have the adjustable height false floor like the U.S model so I will look at a way to have the removable floor sit back down on the body floor rather than the back sit up on the brace.
I have everything gutted behind the driver/passenger seats save for the rear door cards, spare and jack, and the plastic in-hatch side panels, so I want that brace to be as low as possible, if I am going to use one.

I need to be able to get my road bike in and out of the hatch as easily as possible, without snagging on anything (I cannot stand roof racks, period!). [wink]

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #95
Do you plan on revo stage 3 or 4?
Not at this stage. The car is a daily and funds don't alow for the extra expense. If in future the car was a weekender and more for track days then I'd consider it.

MJ Performance Plymouth in England has had TurboTechnics remake a turbo that matches to the Revo stage 4 software but you can only buy the turbo through MJ Performance as far as I know. I know the RT330 that Revo once sold is discontinued by them.

Not at this stage. The car is a daily and funds don't alow for the extra expense. If in future the car was a weekender and more for track days then I'd consider it.

MJ Performance Plymouth in England has had TurboTechnics remake a turbo that matches to the Revo stage 4 software but you can only buy the turbo through MJ Performance as far as I know. I know the RT330 that Revo once sold is discontinued by them.
Yeah sadly no options for me for revo from REVO themselves. Only option is a locally made Kr255 (hybrid) and KR300 (big turbo)

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #97
Yeah sadly no options for me for revo from REVO themselves. Only option is a locally made Kr255 (hybrid) and KR300 (big turbo)
If you have Revo dealers locally they could upload the map and buy the turbo from the UK, if you really wanted to go down the Revo path.

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #98
I took my time but have finally upgraded the cat back exhaust on Zippy.

I initially thought I was going shopping for a res delete but was then told a price I could get a cat back for and couldn't resist (it was too cheap to pass on). Thanks to Muffler Mart in Penrith (Western Sydney).

I already had the WhooshMotorsports 3" downpipe with the 200 cell sports cat. Gone is the little reducer plate and now I have a 3" bend into a round resonator, 3" to 2.5" pipe section and a 2.5" system the rest if the way to a redback muffler and staggered stainless twin tips.

The pipes and mufflers are made from aluminised mild steel which gives it more resilience to rust and is longer lasting. The classic high temp black paint covers the exhaust underneath.

I have to say that I don't really like the sound of many Fiesta ST exhaust and for how cheap this custom system is, it sounds good as more expensive OTS systems.

View: https://youtu.be/8Nvla1uJMik

20220719_152905.jpg 20220719_152837.jpg 20220719_152827.jpg 20220719_143900.jpg 20220719_152817.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I take for granted that you do not live where any salt is ever used on the roads. (I know, NSW, LOL!)

How close to the coast are you (salt spray off of the Pacific)??

OP
Fordy Ford
Thread Starter #100
I take for granted that you do not live where any salt is ever used on the roads. (I know, NSW, LOL!)

How close to the coast are you (salt spray off of the Pacific)??
Roughly an hour and a half inland in Sydney's Outer West. No salt here but had plenty of rain the last 2 and a half years.

We have had pretty devastating floods all up the East Coast of NSW from Southern Sydney up into South East Queensland.
I'm about to post up some shots on Instagram of my car parked on a normally tar carpark surrounded by trees.