Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122 LastLast
51 Likes

Thread: Firestone Firehawk Indy 500

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Charlotte
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
    What wheel size did you have the dunlop 205/50/16's on? Thats a tall tire.

Have you pushed the indys hard yet? When I had them up in the mountains for my bi annual 1000 mile North Texas ST cruise I noticed I was sliding around a lot more compared to the stock potenzas. But thats expected when comparing 340TW to the stock 140TW rated tire.
    I had the ZIIs on 16x7 Sparcos. They will be for sale soon. I would have preferred a 45 sidewall, but they were a forum find from a few years ago so I just dealt with the taller sidewall. They were great, I just wanted to go back to 17s for aesthetics.

I have pushed the Indy 500s pretty hard, though nothing like auto crossing. I've noticed the car understeered more vs. the stock tires, but I can probably dial that out with tire pressures. I don't think they are quite as easily to drive at the limit as the stock tires, but for the price I'll deal with it. I'm happy for the $300 I spent on the set.
    2014 Molten Orange
    - MP215, short shift kit, 17x7.5 Sparco Pro Corsa + Firehawk Indy 500, Boomba Full Recirculating BPV

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Dallas
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they are good for the price. Even got my $60 card from the rebate yesterday. I'll keep mine as a daily driver tire but I do plan on getting some new wheels and super sticky tires before April (the spring cruise is then)

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Charlotte
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
    Yeah they are good for the price. Even got my $60 card from the rebate yesterday. I'll keep mine as a daily driver tire but I do plan on getting some new wheels and super sticky tires before April (the spring cruise is then)
    Awesome! I'm hoping to get my rebate card soon. I too will keep these as Daily driver, but I'm hoping to get a 16x8 in the spring with super stickies as well for autocross and track use. I may hold out for the Direzza ZIII Star Specs which should be here sometime in the next few months
    2014 Molten Orange
    - MP215, short shift kit, 17x7.5 Sparco Pro Corsa + Firehawk Indy 500, Boomba Full Recirculating BPV

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Charlotte
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive got over 3500 miles on my Indy 500s so far and I still like them a lot. They are somewhat noisy but not unbearable (my Direzza ZIIs were 10x worse). I do think the sidewall isn't really stiff so the turn in isn't as good as other tires, but the level of grip is very good. For the $75/tire I paid I'm pretty happy
    2014 Molten Orange

New Member 14 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Springtown
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ordering these in a 16

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Huntington Beach
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What pressures are you guys using for these? I have 205/50-16 (Went with the bigger sidewall for a few reasons; closer to OEM Diameter, wider contact path, and the roads I take to work everyday make Pennsylvania look like the shining example of road quality) I'm using the OEM tire pressures for now because I haven't had time to push these tires yet and try different pressures.

So what do you guys run? or think is optimal?

Senior Member 732 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^LOL

What exactly chews up the roads in Cali, since very few areas there have anywhere near the freeze-thaw cycles which we in the salt soup belts see sometimes within the same WEEK, and we get just as much HEAVY 18 wheeler traffic, without DOT upkeep, as you do there?
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Medals
    City
    Huntington Beach
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

That was more a joke, PA wins the shit road contest hands down. I mean some roads have grooves from years of trucks driving on them and that can pull your car around the lane, some are corrugated concrete thats been cracked from years of neglect, anytime theres concrete you can guarantee that youll get a jolt from the transitions. I saw more DOT upkeep when I lived in upstate NY than I have here, when youre in the canyons the roads are lovely, but commuting on a highway to get to work in LA/OC....the roads are terrible.

Senior Member 79 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    LA
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    ^^^LOL

What exactly chews up the roads in Cali, since very few areas there have anywhere near the freeze-thaw cycles which we in the salt soup belts see sometimes within the same WEEK, and we get just as much HEAVY 18 wheeler traffic, without DOT upkeep, as you do there?
    Los Angeles alone holds THREE of the top ten worst highway intersections in the country. Certain parts of LA have likely the worst traffic in the country. Placement of a major sports center right in the middle of downtown isn't helping any. I can name a group of other reasons why...

But in my true opinion the reason our roads are so bad is poor maintenance. Traffic may be part of the problem still in a way because its hard to maintain a road without adding more traffic and so city officials may feel they are in a "catch 22", but still...poor maintenance is the problem, imho.

I remember growing up here that you could tell how affluent a neighborhood is by looking at the roads, but nowadays even many affluent neighborhoods have bad roads. Only those areas that are somewhat exclusive in values AND municipality jurisdictions have nice roads now but only locals would likely know these areas (Some of us may cruise through them on occassion for the views). They aren't the well known ones like Beverly Hills, Malibu, Santa Monica etc.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Senior Member 732 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    ^^^GIVEN. ;)

But in THIS area we have ONE SINGLE major road (RT. 202) going through, which EVERY 18 wheeler MUST take to get to their delivery points in the slightly more populated towns.

SAME scenario when it comes to repairs since traffic will back up for MANY MANY MILES when PennDOT closes down even ONE lane at a time for repaving/fixes.
    At times they are FORCED to do this since the CRATERS formed are so huge and destructive that traffic stops, and backs up for miles anyway just trying to drive around the slightly better/shallower parts of these 'wells' in the roadway from shoulder to shoulder.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122 LastLast